• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Awards tonight!

gio

U19 Cricketer
The winners of the first annual ICC awards are announced at 9pm BST tonight. I'm hoping for a Freddie Flintoff and Steve Harmison show, but it'll probably be dominated by Aussies and Indians. Ah well...

Anyone know of any coverage for them?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gilers To Pip Top Award

ashley will surely reap the rewards of a wonderful summer lol..........

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Awards so far

Irfan Pathan - Emerging Player of the Year
Simon Taufel - Umpire of the year

Still awaiting others to be announced . See ICC website for updates.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Sehwag309 said:
Where u gettig this mate, I am on ICC site..no updates as of yet
Go to home, half way down the middle it says 'Smion Taufel named umpire of the year' click on this

Langeveldt

Soutie
Do Zimbabwe win the "Penpushers of the year" award?

Oh no, that one goes to the cronies at top brass themselves....

gio

U19 Cricketer
superkingdave said:
Dravid Player of Year
It's a bit confusing that. He's either won both player and test player of the year, or he's only won the test player. He's defintaely won the test player of the year, but I don't think the overall player has been announced yet.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
ODI Team of the Year

1. Adam Gilchrist
2. Sachin Tendulkar
3. Chris Gayle
4. Ricky Ponting (captain)
5. Brian Lara
6. Virender Sehwag
7. Jacques Kallis
8. Andrew Flintoff
9. Shaun Pollock
10. Chaminda Vaas
11. Jason Gillespie

Flintoff at 8? are they mad?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member

gio

U19 Cricketer
Apparently Harmison is in the test side, but no flintoff. Bit mistifying that, but never mind.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry I have just realised the Team already posted . So I have erased my post.

The following is the Test XI picked by ICC panel.

World Test XI
1 Matthew Hayden, 2 Herschelle Gibbs, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Rahul Dravid, 5 Brian Lara, 6 Jacques Kallis, 7 Adam Gilchrist, 8 Chaminda Vaas, 9 Shane Warne, 10 Jason Gillespie, 11 Stephen Harmison.

Last edited:

NikhilN

International Regular
no sehwag in test xi after his 300?? he should have been in place of gibbs who hasnt been in that good of form this year

gio

U19 Cricketer
Well Dravid was named ICC player of the year in the end. I don't agree with that tbh, but never mind. The ICC test team was:

1. Matthew Hayden
2. Herschelle Gibbs
3. Ricky Ponting (captain)
4. Rahul Dravid
5. Brian Lara
6. Jacques Kallis
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Chaminda Vaas
9. Shane Warne
10. Jason Gillespie
11. Stephen Harmison