Thread: My Sponsored Trip To The Oval

School Boy/Girl Captain

My Sponsored Trip To The Oval

My Story...(sorry if it doesnt go here)

Well here's the thing. There is this fantasy cricket game in India called Superselector, where you pick a team of 11 who you think would play well for the particular series. During the VB series in Jan, I won 1st prize, which was a trip to watch the game at the Oval on the 3rd.

People in India who watched the ESPN Cricket Show on Sat night/Sun morning might have seen Gautam Bhimani introduce me. I spent the entire match sitting in the commentary box, and I got to meet all the commentators. I've got pictures with them and autographs. I'll scan them all if you'd like to see 'em.

Here's what I thought of the commentators - Wasim Akram & Ravi Shastri only speak to hot girls. There's not one sentence in which Shastri doesnt use a swear word. Shekhar Suman, Maninder Singh, Arun Lal, Alan Wilkins are all the friendliest people ever. Others in presence were Waqar Younis, Geoff Boycott, Sunil Gavaskar, Ayaz Memon, Chetan Chauhan, Harsha Bhogle Michael Slater etc.

I even got to go and touch the pitch! It was one of the best days ever.
    WINNER OF Espn-Star Sports SUPERSELECTOR Jan '04 (VB Series)!

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    thats quite amazing well done on winning the comp.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by arjwiz

Well here's the thing. There is this fantasy cricket game in India called Superselector, where you pick a team of 11 who you think would play well for the particular series. During the VB series in Jan, I won 1st prize, which was a trip to watch the game at the Oval on the 3rd.

People in India who watched the ESPN Cricket Show on Sat night/Sun morning might have seen Gautam Bhimani introduce me. I spent the entire match sitting in the commentary box, and I got to meet all the commentators. I've got pictures with them and autographs. I'll scan them all if you'd like to see 'em.

Here's what I thought of the commentators - Wasim Akram & Ravi Shastri only speak to hot girls. There's not one sentence in which Shastri doesnt use a swear word. Shekhar Suman, Maninder Singh, Arun Lal, Alan Wilkins are all the friendliest people ever. Others in presence were Waqar Younis, Geoff Boycott, Sunil Gavaskar, Ayaz Memon, Chetan Chauhan, Harsha Bhogle Michael Slater etc.

I even got to go and touch the pitch! It was one of the best days ever.
    Sure, scan them, we'd all like to see them.

I agree, Arul Lal is the friendliest cricketer/commentator I've spoken to.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Quote Originally Posted by arjwiz

By the way, do you play Fantasy Cricket? If you do how did you do in the last series - T&N Trophy III?

By all means, scan your photos arjwiz - would you like us to put them on the site for you udner your name. We are always on the lookout to add to our photo collection

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Hey, good story, hope you had a good time in England - how long did you get to come over here for?
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Well 2 days, but i extended my trip to see the city. I've mentioned some stuff about my experience with the commentators in another thread ("Shaz, Waz and all that Jazz") if any ESPN viewer wants to read that.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    hai mate i did see u on the cricket show.and its nice to see that u enjoyed u r trip.

did u participated in SS from the start i had palyed it from the begining.

and i had won the second prize(one TV ,one fridge,One A/C) once and third once(one music system)

but has not plyed it after world cup might do the champions trophy one
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Thread Information