• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brad Haddin

Waughney

International Debutant
I did see the series and I must admit, he bowled particularly well, regardless of the opposition.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
tooextracool said:
well then theres absolutely no point in this argument.......i cant believe someone has spent half this thread trying to prove to me that macgill deserved his wickets against bangladesh.....
It's not MacGill's fault. Rubbish though he may be, you can only bowl against who you are given to bowl against.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr. P said:
Of COURSE it does! Your arguments on this matter make little to no sense.

Also - We have been discussing the Bangladesh topic for a good while. I was arguing in saying MacGill is better then Giles...but we finished that however I may start again, if I can be bothered:p
no its stupid to look at performances against bangladesh to decide whether someone is better than kumble.....if macgill were indeed as good as you make him out to be he wouldnt be bowling 2 crap balls every over and would indeed be taking wickets far more frequently against all the other nations.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
Yes it does, taking 20 wickets against the weakest side in test cricket in 2 test certainly does, especially when the other (more fancied) bowlers didn't come close to that many.
then why cant he outclass the other 'fancied' bowlers against the other teams then? and surely if he picked up more wickets than the fast bowlers maybe just maybe it suggests that bangladesh have problems against spin?

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr. P said:
Yes marc im sure, you, having seen not a single ball of the series, would be able to judge whether MacGill did indeed bowl a bad ball an over.:@
and you have obviously not seen one over of macgill's outside that series because almost always hes bowled his tradition 2 crap balls an over.

tooextracool

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
It's not MacGill's fault. Rubbish though he may be, you can only bowl against who you are given to bowl against.
and where have i said that it was macgills fault? ive said it time and time again, theres absolutely no point in rating a bowler based on performances against non test class teams because it doesnt take much skill to dismiss bangladeshi batsmen.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr. P said:
Yes marc im sure, you, having seen not a single ball of the series, would be able to judge whether MacGill did indeed bowl a bad ball an over.:@
So you reckon that just for that one series, he was bowling without the four balls and bowling deliveries that would get any player out, but for some reason he cannot replicate that when he faces decent players.

Seems a tad unlikely.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tom Halsey said:
Yes, but that should be taken in context.