• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MacGill must tour India - Ganguly

Craig

World Traveller
Read here

If MacGill is left out, that is it I doubt he would have much of a Test career left (if he does have one).

It will be the interesting who the 4th bowler will be in Tests, as Warne, Gillespie, and McGrath are certainties (barring injury) for the first Test.

Three quicks and one spinner, or two quicks and two spinners?

Deja moo

International Captain
yea.....bring on an attack of McGill , Warne , Hogg , Robertson and Lee ( for a little variety ).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Read here

If MacGill is left out, that is it I doubt he would have much of a Test career left (if he does have one).

It will be the interesting who the 4th bowler will be in Tests, as Warne, Gillespie, and McGrath are certainties (barring injury) for the first Test.

Three quicks and one spinner, or two quicks and two spinners?
Kasprowicz would have to get the nod on current form you'd think, as well as his performances in the subcontinent in the past - he's bowling better than ever now too which helps. I don't think Lee and the subcontinent would be a good mix! haha

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't think Lee and Test-matces are a good mix - he didn't even manage to average under 30 against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
Though it would be nice to see him playing in some or all of the India games - more 40-210-4s would be great viewing.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
He is just saying that because he wants some easy runs.
That I think and the typical Ganguly wind-up tactics, pretending to try and influence opposition selection.

Waughney

International Debutant
I have no doubt MacGill will be selected. I can't see any replacement for him (exceot for Craig White :laugh: ) It would be foolish to tour the sub-continent with just one spinner.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry, Waughney, Chalky's an honoury Englishman - just because you brought him up, he hasn't forgotten his heritage. :p Anyway, he only bowls spin on occasional balls, and at about 70mph.
If, on the other hand, you meant Cameron White I can see why you're laughing.

Waughney

International Debutant
Richard said:
Sorry, Waughney, Chalky's an honoury Englishman - just because you brought him up, he hasn't forgotten his heritage. :p Anyway, he only bowls spin on occasional balls, and at about 70mph.
If, on the other hand, you meant Cameron White I can see why you're laughing.
Oops yeah sorry, Cameron White. I think I was also thinking of Craig (who started this thread) and his post.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig will doubtless be honoured to be thought-of in such high esteem! :p
Though he does prefer being compared to his namesake for his surname (Courteney).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
I don't think Lee and Test-matces are a good mix - he didn't even manage to average under 30 against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
Though it would be nice to see him playing in some or all of the India games - more 40-210-4s would be great viewing.
Well, his early tests would suggest otherwise, but unfortunately it's been a long time since we've seen anything that even vaguely resembles that form.

biased indian

International Coach
australia will be better of playing four seamer aganist india
Macgrath,gillespie,kasp,lee will be good enough for an out of form indian side

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Son Of Coco said:
Well, his early tests would suggest otherwise, but unfortunately it's been a long time since we've seen anything that even vaguely resembles that form.
Something which suggests those early Tests are long gone.
A 3-year period (30 matches) which have produced an average of 38.42 suggests to me a very, very average bowler and one who is a different prospect to the one in his first 7 games.
Or maybe it was just beginner's luck. That's my guess. I don't see how someone so terrible could once have been good enough to deserve an average of 16.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
biased indian said:
If, that is, they're out of form - a line-up that good cannot conceivably be out-of-form for that long.

Craig

World Traveller
biased indian said:
There is no chance in hell Warne will not be playing in the first Test barring injury.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You never know, Craig, they might play 5 bowlers again... :ph34r: :ph34r:
Then you could start another "How is the computer Richie?" thread...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
haha 5 bowlers would have Martyn dropped for sure, Katich and Boof are far superior players of spin to him - not to mention they both bowl abit of spin as well :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lehmann on a turning pitch is a genuinely dangerous bowler.
Anyone who says he doesn't spin it doesn't know what they're talking about.