• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Fielder in the World?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
So Jonty Rhodes is gone forever(it's only just sank in)...
who is the best fielder in the world now?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't think there's a better slipper than Flintoff at the moment.

I'll let someone else choose other positions.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd disagree...Fleming has been a very good slipsman for a number of years now. He's dropped a couple in recent times but generally he's very safe.

Take your pick at point...Yuvraj, Collingwood, Gibbs, Harris etc.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Collingwood is becoming a really good backward point type fielder...he nearly makes a spectacular catch every game it seems. As for Flintoff i just cant see anyone better than him atm in the slips...his bucket like hands can snap up anything and he's very tall but still able to dive around fairly well to snap up stuff thats away from his body too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely Dwayne Smith could get a mention. Dwayne Bravo and Dave Mohammed aren't half bad either.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
All round fielding, Ponting to me is still the best.

Cover fielders: Yuvraj, Kaif, Gibbs

anzac

International Debutant
Marshall's catching let him down a bit in ENG, but his ground work reminds me of Jonty..............

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
As an all-round fielding unit probably Aus, NZ & South Africa are the best.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Call it bias, but I still put Ponting up the top fielding-wise. Gibbs is closest to him for mine.

Gibbs, Fleming, Kallis, Symonds aren't all too far behind.

Im guessing people will disagree with Symonds however I am willing to reply to any arguments.

Waughney

International Debutant
Mate, I don't see how anyone cannot rate Symonds up there. His athleticism, stamina, intensity, accuracy, speed, all round catching skills and timing are all amazing. Ponting has to be up there too, although he did drop a couple of catches last summer. Yuvraj and Kaif are both incredible.
Brad Hogg would get my vote as the most lively feilder, he's either running around, jumping up and down or licking his lips with his tongue.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ponting as the best. After him you have Gibbs Yuvraj, Symonds, Collingwood and Kaif (Who many overlook) right up there.

Specific slip fielders would be Fleming, Laxman and Flintoff I gues.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes, but he is the best anywhere he goes, where as Laxman would be less effective if you placed him at point.