• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great cricketing names

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maxwell (I think.. one of the guys on the ABC) simply started calling him 'Dot' during his innings in the VB Series

howardj

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
There are plenty of players around with top quality names at the moment - props to Langeveldt for pointing out Hamilton Masakadza and Arnoldus Mauritius Blignaut on another thread, that got me wondering what other wonders world cricket holds. A few of my personal favourites are (apart from Masakadza and Blignaut of course):

Dave Mohammed
Kaushal Lokuarachchi
Ian Daniel - a Sri Lankan with a Scottish first name is priceless!!
Warnakulasooriya Vaas - that's Chaminda's real name!
Dwayne Bravo - sounds like a superhero
Charlie Shreck
Tatenda Taibu - loving the alliteration
Vangipurappu Venkata Sai Laxman
Stuart Matsikenyeri
Alester Maregwede
Mfuneko Ngam
Lakshmipathy Balaji
Mahendra Nagamootoo
Dinanath Ramnarine
:laugh: :laugh: We have a winner!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
andyc said:
Maxwell (I think.. one of the guys on the ABC) simply started calling him 'Dot' during his innings in the VB Series
LOL! That's quite smart considering how slow he was batting.

TIF

U19 Debutant
None of the names can beat that of - Ashish Winston Zaidi, a medium-pacer from Uttar Pradesh, India. He is the 1st cricketer to have a full name comprised of a Hindu, Muslim and Christian name.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Daniel Bottom
Andrew Pratt - you couldjust imagine the commentator "And it's A Pratt out to bat" :laugh:
David ****
William ****burn - Painful
Aamer Butt
Kariyawasam Tirana Gamage Dammika Prasad

I could go on forever

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Got to say nothing can beat "The bowlers' Holding, the batsmans' Willey". Sure, maybe Willey is a funny name, but I don't think that anyone could have picked that until it came out of the commentators mouth. :laugh:

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
There are plenty of players around with top quality names at the moment - props to Langeveldt for pointing out Hamilton Masakadza and Arnoldus Mauritius Blignaut on another thread, that got me wondering what other wonders world cricket holds. A few of my personal favourites are (apart from Masakadza and Blignaut of course):

Dave Mohammed
Kaushal Lokuarachchi
Ian Daniel - a Sri Lankan with a Scottish first name is priceless!!
Warnakulasooriya Vaas - that's Chaminda's real name!
Dwayne Bravo - sounds like a superhero
Charlie Shreck
Tatenda Taibu - loving the alliteration
Vangipurappu Venkata Sai Laxman
Stuart Matsikenyeri
Alester Maregwede
Mfuneko Ngam
Lakshmipathy Balaji
Mahendra Nagamootoo
Dinanath Ramnarine

plenty of such names like that in SL dude !!!