• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats the matter with India???

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Whats the matter with them???
Are they relying to much on Dravid/Sourav/Sachin?
Average medium pace bowling - was in inform zaheer really that important?
Lack of fresh tactics?
Sourav's captaincy?
Out of form??

ANy ideas?

Swervy

International Captain
I think there are a few things....I think form is one of them, however I did actually think Ganguly was playing well but he got a bit to ****y and went for a silly shot.

In the batting I saw a team lacking patience...to eager to push the score a long to quickly (hahaha..maybe Haydens comments did have an effect :D )..and also a team that may well have been looking at this England bowling line up as they were 2 years ago....that was a mistake, coz this England bowling line up ranks up with the very best in the world.

On the bowling front, I just dont think they are good enough.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
lets not forget England have a good team too...its a bit insulting to say it was all down to India that they lost that game.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
(hahaha..maybe Haydens comments did have an effect :D )
Yes, Gangs, Laxman and Dravid were nearing a milestone (30 runs that is)

I dont think there is anything wrong with Indian team. I think we fans need to be patient and keep our expectations little bit down.

Swervy

International Captain
Sanz said:
Yes, Gangs, Laxman and Dravid were nearing a milestone (30 runs that is)
I dont think there is anything wrong with Indian team. I think we fans need to be patient and keep our expectations little bit down.

I was only kidding there....

But thats it..India arent as good as a lot of people make out...but they certainly arent a bad team either.

pakster

U19 12th Man
Whats the matter with them???

They are losing waay to many matches nowadays? 8-)

lol...Problem is Indias reluctancy to change, they've stuck with the same team game in game out for what seems like an eternity. They need to spice things up a little, drop a batsmen, bring in karthick, drop laxman....anything!

IMO, India need to get themselves a quality all-rounder, someone in the malik mould. I was really impressed with Powar when I saw him play, kept his bowling tight, hard hitter and quite energetic in the field (especially condiering his inzamam-esque figure minus the height!).

I think things ill get a bit better for India in the ICC trophy, especially if tendulkar can get them a bonus point against pak :p

peace

Swervy

International Captain
pakster said:

IMO, India need to get themselves a quality all-rounder, someone in the malik mould. I was really impressed with Powar when I saw him play, kept his bowling tight, hard hitter and quite energetic in the field (especially condiering his inzamam-esque figure minus the height!).

this is easier said than done though.

At any one time in international cricket it is rare that there are more than 4 QUALITY all rounders in the world (at the moment I think really there are Flintoff,Kallis,Pollock, with only Flintoff able to hold a place with either batting or bowling)

India have only had one quality all rounder in the last 30 years,it is a danger to go and choose an all rounder just for the sake of it, especially if they arent of a very high standard in all sides of the game.

I think India should be looking to playing 5 full time bowlers and allowing the top order batsmen to really grab hold of the game...if the job hasnt been done by the first 6 batsmen,then I would say all the help in the world will be needed for the bowlers.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
I was only kidding there....

But thats it..India arent as good as a lot of people make out...but they certainly arent a bad team either.
So was I, sorry forgot to add the :smiley: ;) India is a decent side little out of form. They are going to be alright in the next series.

It just takes one match (hopefully against Pakistan) in the ICC trophy to bring back fan's trust. ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
pakster said:
I think things ill get a bit better for India in the ICC trophy, especially if tendulkar can get them a bonus point against pak :p
Yeah bonus point with win will be sweet :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nothing is "wrong" with them... Just peaks and troughs.... You guys have to be able to take the rough with the smooth, its just when the decline is really prolonged should you start getting icky....

masterblaster

International Captain
Their rusty in my opinion. A sleeping giant..

Its such a young team, and obviously being potentially tagged second best in the world has probably caused some (not all) players to get really complacent and lose that extra intensity and drive that they showed in Australia and Pakistan.

This team needs to wake up, and I'm confident they will during the Champions Trophy.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry, but I think Kallis's days as a top 5 all-rounder are over...even Cairns probably misses the cut.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Vande Mataram said:
They are just out of form
It's been a long time to be just "out of form" though.

Since the WC I believe they're below 50%

15 wins, 17 losses (and the 15 wins include Bangladesh 3, Zimbabwe 4 and the UAE)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mind you...NZ have done pretty well recently with a bowling attack of similar pace. I just think the difference is that NZ bowl to a plan, they're more disciplined & that the fielding backs them up alot more.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Nothing is wrong atm.. just need a couple of good wins to get the confidence back.. Sachin's return would help a lot too..
Though there is one thing I'd like to see, flexibility in batting order..IMO Kaif should be promoted to 4 (not always, but matches like yesterday) and keep the rest as it is.. It is obvious he can build an innings well, Dravid can do whatever you ask of him (slog or create partnerships), makes sense to hv him at 5.