Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can people accept Australia's reign?

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar

Can people accept Australia's reign?

The cricketing world for so long now has been dominated by Australia. It is clear we dominate all over the park yet there are so many threads on here that are rubbish... people trying to compare themeselves to Australia, just because they have a drawn series over here or something... as if that somehow entitles them to world champion status or to be considered the same as Australia.

I'm starting to worry if people are just a tad jealous or impatient that we keep dominating world cricket so much. If India can go beat South Africa, England and NZ away from home then perhaps yeah i'll give you some credit... But till then forget about drawing a series against us when we were at half strength and maybe start just acknowleging the raw facts that we've been on top of this game in every facet for the past 5 years. And no there's no changing of the guard either...
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Q:- Can people accept Australia's reign?

A:- Do they have a choice ?? I mean anyone not accepting that would be a fool and would have total disregasrd for facts.

Pinball Champion!
    "Accepting" Australia's reign would not be very condusive to competitive cricket would it?

The fact is that for years, Australia have represented the "Benchmark", the level that others aspire to.... It would be stupid not to always challenge them...

As for others claiming ther teams are at Australia's level, go and take up lawn darts or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    "Accepting" Australia's reign would not be very condusive to competitive cricket would it?

The fact is that for years, Australia have represented the "Benchmark", the level that others aspire to.... It would be stupid not to always challenge them...

As for others claiming ther teams are at Australia's level, go and take up lawn darts or something...
    How come this whole forum's gone lawn darts crazy?

Blame the Duck.

Go DD!!!
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

I dont think many have a problem with australias reign, its their arrogance people cant stand!!
    From the River to the sea, Palestine will be free!

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pakster
    I dont think many have a problem with australias reign, its their arrogance people cant stand!!
    Arrogance??? Can you back that comment up?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    I think supreme confidence in your own abilities and the ability of the team to win is sometimes confused with "arrogance".

Banned
    I think because Australia accepted West Indies were the best and took the opportunity to learn from them and remodelled our cricket to perform best.

Thats the difference, Australia admired the abilities of the West Indians and followed suit, but now everybody wants to slam Australia for everything they can without giving them the reconigtion they deserve. One day India will have to swallow their pride and reconise Australia for what they are or forever remain the whipping boys who complain all the time. What I mean by that is you cant keep denigrating Aus then turn around and copy them without getting egg on your face.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    I think because Australia accepted West Indies were the best and took the opportunity to learn from them and remodelled our cricket to perform best.

Thats the difference, Australia admired the abilities of the West Indians and followed suit, but now everybody wants to slam Australia for everything they can without giving them the reconigtion they deserve. One day India will have to swallow their pride and reconise Australia for what they are or forever remain the whipping boys who complain all the time. What I mean by that is you cant keep denigrating Aus then turn around and copy them without getting egg on your face.

mmm...see you point (up to a point) ..but does that kind of comment actually encourage the thought that Australians are arrogant????
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    mmm...see you point (up to a point) ..but does that kind of comment actually encourage the thought that Australians are arrogant????
    Could be just honest and calling a spade a spade.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    what i'm trying to say is it's bad for world cricket. exactly as scallywag said. Australia modelled themselves on the West Indies and tried hard. They knew how good they were and they knew that they were leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else.

The teams who accept this like NZ and England and play smart against Australia will probably take over the reigns at the top...

Teams who challenge Australias reign won't learn anything and just die in the ****

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Arrogance??? Can you back that comment up?
    Probably not...

Pinball Champion!
    Probably not...
    Heheh

Banned
    A good example is Ranatunga.

When Hayden was interveiwed about the the difference in India and Australia in ODI's he gave an honest answer that had merit but instead of looking at what he said and why, Ranatunge took the opportunity to slag off Haydens 380 in a test match.

I cant think of one good reason why Ranatunga would try to bring Hayden down instead of trying to just help Sri Lanka improve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information