• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling Machine

jimbob

Cricket Spectator
Looking to buy a bowling machine, but price new is a little too steep, does anybody know where I can et one second hand.

Thanks

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Will move this to the cricket chat forum!

Speaking from my two clubs - at Caistor Town we got one through a grant from someone or other (precise, I know), but that took about two years to come through, and at Exeter (whereabouts in Devon are you?) we have an antique one that was picked up somewhere (I forget the story) for not much.

So, scour about and see..

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Will move this to the cricket chat forum!

Speaking from my two clubs - at Caistor Town we got one through a grant from someone or other (precise, I know), but that took about two years to come through, and at Exeter (whereabouts in Devon are you?) we have an antique one that was picked up somewhere (I forget the story) for not much.

So, scour about and see..
I'd be interested to see how you get on..
Ive already got my own net, a wicket and a roller.. As well as biological bowling machines (mates), but I would like something to really crank up the pace..

Good luck in your search...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Ive already got my own net, a wicket and a roller.. As well as biological bowling machines (mates), but I would like something to really crank up the pace..
wow which mansion do you live in :P?

Langeveldt

Soutie
lord_of_darkness said:
wow which mansion do you live in :P?
****... Its a flaming 3 bedroom single house.. Don't you jump on the "ooh rich is a toff" bandwagon...

Although, better toff than yarco...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Could one ask what a yarco is?

Perhaps your butler's third maid would be able to tell you?

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Could one ask what a yarco is?

Perhaps your butler's third maid would be able to tell you?
Yarco is the same as a Gavin which is the same as a Townie which is the same as a Kev...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
at Exeter (whereabouts in Devon are you?) we have an antique one that was picked up somewhere (I forget the story) for not much.
It was a piece of bartering from one of our most valuable barterers.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
personally i hate facing bowling machines... i dont really kno why, they are just not my thing

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Make sure you wear a chest guard for those rib-ticklers...especially on a home-made backyard surface lol.