• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the 3rd spinner?

Who is the 3rd best spinner in the world?

• Total voters

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
I think he meant Anil Kumble
As Lunn Polly would have said "Get Away"

Actually i think he meant the former wicketkeeper Alan Knott, he used to bowl a bit of off spin and i hear he's still in better physical shape than Ashley Giles - His first class wickets include Mark Butchers dad :)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
1. "Juan Carlos" Giles
2. Dave Mohammed (what a name!!)
3. Kaushal Lokuarachchi (what a name!!)
4. Enamul Haque Junior (the only non-American I've ever seen who bothers to put "Jr" at the end of his name!)

badgerhair

U19 Vice-Captain
I've voted for Kumble, because I reckon he's bottom of Div 1 while Giles and Harbhajan vie for top of Div 2.

Except - what has Harbhajan actually done these last two years?

He has a magnificent reputation deriving from his 32 wickets against Australia a few years ago, but he can't go on dining out on that old tale for much longer. He maintains a high ranking in the PWC tables, but that's because all that's happening is he gets docked 1% of his points each time India play and he isn't in the team.

Cheers,

Mike

Chubb

International Regular
Raymond Price, none of those other guys come close to the Raymeister.

It's a real shame he'll never play international cricket again.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Chubb said:
Raymond Price, none of those other guys come close to the Raymeister.

It's a real shame he'll never play international cricket again.
Raymond Price is a class act.. We havent just lost Heath Streak and the Flowers, oh no...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Saqlain Mushtaq would be my choice.. i used to watch the brudda bowl lots when i was a young'n and got most of my inspiration from him.. he was a hard working bowler and peformer and i think after he fell of later on i moved on to murali.. but i think his overall record against most countries is quite good..

pakster

U19 12th Man
I would have voted for Saqlain, but since he isnt there...I went for Kaneria - no bias influenced my decision 8-)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
pakster said:
I would have voted for Saqlain, but since he isnt there...I went for Kaneria - no bias influenced my decision 8-)
We're all sure there wasn't...

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Kumble, cos I have to pick from the list. Saqlain if I didn't.

Giles as #3? You're having a laugh? I'd like to see him turn it at the Wanderers. Adams is better than him. *duck* :blow:

Langeveldt

Soutie
DocHead said:

Giles as #3? You're having a laugh? I'd like to see him turn it at the Wanderers. Adams is better than him. *duck* :blow:
And Boje...

And Nicky can hold a bat :p :p

Swervy

International Captain
DocHead said:

hehehe...Adams...no way!!!!! Giles is miles better...in my opinion

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Saqlain and Harbhajan, the true pioneers of the true Doosra, are no more than slightly-better-than-normal fingerspinners.
Murali is totally incomparable to either - indeed, he's totally incomparable to anyone... except, evidently, Tareq Mahmood. Equally, his wrong-'un is no Doosra like Saqlain and Harbhajan.
Personally I went for Danish Kaneria - the new Mushtaq Ahmed... I hope. Still doesn't spin the ball as much as Mushie, but he has one priceless asset - accuracy. He can learn to spin the ball more - no-one can learn his accuracy.
Fingerspinners are no match for wristspinners, ever. But of course Kumble is not a normal wristspinner.