• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzamam For The Chop

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i think it is finally time for inzamam to resign as pakistan skippper or he should be sacked.
quite frankly everybody has become tired of his sloppy running between the stumps and his poor form.

it will be hard to find any captain who is up to the task but the matter still stands that inzi mst shift his considerable weight and be sacked.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's one thing to continually play Devil's Advocate, sledger, but it helps if you make sense now and again.

This time, though, I agree with you (a bit)

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
inzi is a much better captain now n does some gd field placements n bowling changes. ofcourse he can get better n he will. in my view, inzi aint goin no-where.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not while he's got a pie on the table, he isn't anyway.

Also, when he's running between the wickets it looks like he's not going anywhere!

deeps

International 12th Man
he aint going nowhere...his running between the wickets has improved,and his captaiincy is improving.

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Incredible! His side has won close to 70% of one-dayers under his leadership, he's the best and most talented batsman in the team by a country mile, he fiercely wants to win and people still want him gone. I'd gladly have a guy like Inzi on my team any day of the week.

Glad Pakistan management doesn't echo fans' thoughts - looks like they have found consistency with Inzi and Woolmer and if they continue on with these two, Pakistan team will become a scary good unit in the near future.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I don't mind Inzy, although at times he looks like he just doesn't care. Still, he's not a bad captain, and I don't think there's anyone else to step up if he was sacked as captain.

masterblaster

International Captain
No he isn't a bad captain, but there isn't anybody else in the Pakistani team even remotely close to captaincy material. Yousuf Youhana and Shoaib Malik maybe, but still their not even in the league Inzy is in yet.

He may not be the best captain, but he's the only choice Pakistan have at the moment. Pakistan certainly need a dynamic leader of a Imran Khan or Wasim Akram mould. They dont seem to have many players with the 'inspiring' or 'dynamic' personality.

Inzy seems like such a soft giant sometimes. Akhtar is far too brash and irresponsible, Razzaq's communication skills I've heard are rather poor (don't know this for a fact), Hameed is too young, Youhana too is sometimes too brash.

So what other choice do they have?

Id like to see Shoaib Malik get the nod one day, he seems dynamic to me, very enthusiastic and gives 100% with bat and ball.
They need someone like Imran Khan or Wasim Akram, but unfortunately no type of player exists in their setup yet.

Deja moo

International Captain
There was an article around Jan last year about the succession dilemma in Pakistan cricket once wasim , Saeed and waqar retired after the WC.

This is what ws written about Shoaib Akhtars prospects: " Now , Shoaib looks perfectly capable of leading a group of male strippers onto the field , but not a cricket team ." :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
<quack>

The title of the thread was truncated accidentally.
It should have read :Inzamam for the chop, the cutlet, the chuck, the flank, the saddle, the ribs, the spare ribs, the porterhouse, the T-bone, the Chateaubriand, the Sirloin, the brisket, the fore shank, the short plate and any other bits he can get his teeth into

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
yeah a drastic change in captainship is just whats required while the team is in serious rebuilding phase!!!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I think Inzy's patience is often mistaken as his lack of interest. Woolmer and Inzy should be able to make Pakistan a great team again by the next WC, IMO.

Andre

International Regular
masterblaster said:
lol!

In all seriousness, Shoaib Malik I think would make a good future Pakistan Captain.
I don't think this will ever happen though, because I doubt he will ever crack a regular Test birth.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan & The West Indies I feel are the two sides that would struggle to find another Captain at the moment beyond Inzi & Lara.

Andre

International Regular
I think NZ would too....and SA won't go back to Pollock, so they would also struggle.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure about that. We've got Cairns, Oram, Vettori etc..I don't think it's really that dire.

Andre

International Regular
Tim said:
Not sure about that. We've got Cairns, Oram, Vettori etc..I don't think it's really that dire.
None of them strike me as particularly good options at this stage in their careers.