• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar and County Cricket......

Rich2001

International Captain
Well theres a cricket TV programme on once a week here in England (channel 4's Cricket Roadshow) and each week it comes live from a different ground/location.

Anyway with Tendulkar being here with India, they got him on the show to give a master class in batting, but according to several newspapers and Hampshire County Cricket Club Tendulkar's real reasons for being at the ground were to talk about becoming Hampshire's overseas player for next season as S.Warne was unavalible again.

Anyway read in to it what you will, but it would be cool to have him play county cricket (and to be humbled by Kent's bowlers yet again!)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
if he plays county cricket it will be really good for him and for getting extra crowds in england :D

hey rich , greg im sure he will make my squad for next season of WCC :D:D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
How old was he the last time?

About 19, I seem to remember. Averaged about 40 for Yorkshire.

I reckon he would double that now. As for bringing in the crowds, that's a certainty.

I remember the 'Sobers effect' when he went to Notts. There were suddenly thousands at county championship games (even me, and I wouldn't normally touch Notts with yours).

:D

Rich2001

International Captain
Rich all Kents problems will be over if they sign Blewy mate...
What do you mean GB, Kent are a great team in real cricket, however if your talking about the WCC then, I wouldn't touch him either as he scores so slow your last game 33 (75+ balls) in a one day match!!!!

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
i reckon tendulkar should not waste his time with stupid county cricket and play indian domestic cricket which needs him more..coz he has made more money than he can use.

Sunil gavaskar and shastri have once said that one season of county is all that a overseas player needs. coz all u get from couty is ability to peddle ur stuff day in and out, consistency and dough

nothing that sachin doesnt have now

Rich2001

International Captain
Except he would learn: -

- The English Conditions - for when India tour

- The players - That he will face at international leval

- He would get more money than you could ever think of, S.Warne got 1 million for playing 5 months of cricket for Hampshire

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Orginally posted by rich

Except he would learn: -

- The English Conditions - for when India tour

- The players - That he will face at international leval

- He would get more money than you could ever think of, S.Warne got 1 million for playing 5 months of cricket for Hampshire

haha rich...i am sure u are a aussie...but jeez dont hate the english so much

sachin averages 75 vs england in england in tests. and in 19 onedayers he averages 40.
whats he gonna learn now?

So playing with some of the low quality players in england will prepare him better ? heh

as for money is the nonstop grind of couty cricket worth the money ? it is not like he is pisspoor. considering india's prices i am sure he wont be able to spend whatever he has earned already in his lifetime...lol

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Just to correct you

I am English and I live in England
i stand corrected. ;)

you do think highly of county cricket right..hehe
if i were u i would be scared what would happen if sachin learnt english conditions..lol

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i reckon tendulkar should not waste his time with stupid county cricket and play indian domestic cricket which needs him more..coz he has made more money than he can use.
i think a bit of county cricket will be really good for him especially in england , cause therere the pitches are faster so that will help him get his batting better

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
i think a bit of county cricket will be really good for him especially in england , cause therere the pitches are faster so that will help him get his batting better
lord read my post again. Whts he gonna gain from county ? except some dough and some english cronies

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
lord read my post again. Whts he gonna gain from county ? except some dough and some english cronies
The "England Experience". Standing in the middle of a field in mid-April in with a 20mph crosswind and temperatures of 8 celsius. That will have him learn quickly!

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
The "England Experience". Standing in the middle of a field in mid-April in with a 20mph crosswind and temperatures of 8 celsius. That will have him learn quickly!

this english county is vastly hyped. a bunch of mediocre so called pro's peddling their crap..

sachin has done one stint. which in gavaskars and shastri's opinion is all that u need.
I mean he has gone past the stage where he needs to learn new stuff and get acclimatized. what he needs more t play in indiandomestic cricket and keep him fresh for the worldcup which is more imp...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
He had that a decade ago when he played for Yorkshire as a kid. As I stated before, he didn't do too badly under the circumstances, but I think he could do with a refresher course. I think that his first match ought to be against Derbyshire at Buxton as early as possible in the year. 8 celsius? You were lucky. We once had 4 inches of snow interrupt a county match there. Now THAT's culture shock!

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
cricket ain't played in snow pal, and if it happens in the counties so be it....Tendya doesn't need any of that.It would be a bad decision if he goes and plays in the counties again with so much of international cricket to be played.It would just help him burn out and all of this for what ?....just to amuse a bunch of old Poms who still think that county cricket is what it used to be in maybe WG Grace's time :D

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From a money and fame perspective, there's no real point in him burning himself out.

However there is something to be gained from getting more experience on seaming and swinging conditions. If there's one area of his batting which is deficient, it is his experience against bowling where the movement in the air is at a premium. I personally think his technique against swing would benefit because if there's one type of bowler he has a little trouble against, it's swing bowlers. Damien Fleming has Sachin's wicket more than any other Aussie I'd imagine.