• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the first ever player/first ODI

ReallyCrazy

Banned
A very similar thread to Waughney's thread. What's the first ODI match you remember?

For me it was during India's tour of SA in 1992. India lost the 7 match series 2-5 if i remember correctly. The first ODI I remember is when in one of the matches India was 147 all out.

The first players I heard of were Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, Azhar, Jonty Rhodes and Kepler Wessels.

Langeveldt

Soutie
First players -

Neil Burns
Simon Ecclestone
Richard Harden
Graeme Rose

International -

Andrew Caddick
Keith Arthurton
Richie Richardson

First ODI..

Texaco Trophy matches v RSA in 1998...

Craig

World Traveller
First ODI I ever watched was in between West Indies and Pakistan (I think) at Perth in the 1996/97 season.

Sudeep

International Captain
First players:
Sachin Tendulkar
Sanjay Manjrekar
Kapil Dev
Waqar Younis
Wasim Akram
Imran Khan

First ODI:
Benson & Hedges World Series, 1991/92, 5th Match
India v West Indies
Adelaide Oval
14 December 1991

Waughney

International Debutant
First player: S. Waugh

Match: I remember watching many a game through 92-95. First I remember really clearly is the Bevan four match.

Sudeep

International Captain
Waughney said:
First player: S. Waugh

Match: I remember watching many a game through 92-95. First I remember really clearly is the Bevan four match.
The one against the Windies at SCG, right?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Forgot this was a two-parter (come on, chaps - I'm old and feeble).

First player who impressed : Graeme Pollock (but not in ODI mode)

delkap

State Vice-Captain
First odis, Ind-WI-Aus tri-series in Aus just b4 the WC91/92 But remember the WC more clearly than those matches, maybe cause missed most of them. I remember the 2nd final though, Steve Waugh dropped a simple caught and bowled of Sachin when something went into his eye, Border was abt 2 feet away. It was a funny incident and gave Ind some hope, maybe thats why I remember it, Ind lost the match though ..

First players, Sachin, Kapil, Shastri, Azhar, Srikanth (he got stuck in mind cause of the funny thing with his nose, can't remember clearly..)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First player: Graham Gooch. Been a favourite since then.
First ODI: 1992 World Cup final. So close, no matter how far (as James Hetfield might say). Until that Imran ball to Allan Lamb it was looking as good as it was pre-Gatt-reverse-sweep in '87.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Gooch's 333 (again)

And I guess it's the first Pakistan-England WC'92 game, when we bowled them out for 74 and then it rained...