• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dimitri Mascarenhas

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
brockley said:
You have stolen ervine,mullally,gallian,mccague and white off us plus others,tried to steal symmo and jaques,why not give one back its a 2 way street you stealing so and so.
Yes, Andrew Symonds of Birmingham...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
how old was strauss when he came to england actually? not sure myself..but i think it was around a similar age.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
sledger said:
how old was strauss when he came to england actually? not sure myself..but i think it was around a similar age.
7 or 8 I think. IIRC he spent 18 months in Melbourne after leaving SA too, so could've quite easily been an Aussie if his dad hadn't decided (quite rightly IMHO) it would be a crime to raise a child in a state where AFL is the most popular football code.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
7 or 8 I think. IIRC he spent 18 months in Melbourne after leaving SA too, so could've quite easily been an Aussie if his dad hadn't decided (quite rightly IMHO) it would be a crime to raise a child in a state where AFL is the most popular football code.
That'd be clever if the country Strauss came to didn't have Wendyball as the most popular football code.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
steds said:
That'd be clever if the country Strauss came to didn't have Wendyball as the most popular football code.
I'm quite willing to bet that as a Radley College & Durham Uni almunus Strauss was a Union man first, last & always.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
well, finally he has got the chance he so badly deserves, lets hope he makes a real fist of it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd say he deserves to get a chance at this stage especially with stupid Clarke getting a call up again
TBF, as I said elsewhere, he didn't exactly deserve the call in 2005 or 2006. He does now and I'm ecstatic he's got it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
well, finally he has got the chance he so badly deserves, lets hope he makes a real fist of it.
Actually, I'm glad you dug it - maybe Rob might change the title so his name's spelt right now. :p

And LOL at getting yet another chance to see the inaugural Dickinson-Brumby debate.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Everytime I've watched him in county cricket he always entertains.
Hopefully he will on the bigger stage now.