• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Injury Prone

Sudeep

International Captain
Umar Gul of Pakistan has to be up there as well. He's missed more matches than he's played.

Craig

World Traveller
Gul is out for 6 months from what I read the other day.

Andrew Flintoff is another, heaps of groin, ankle and other injuries. His run off form which made him the Golden Boy of English cricket a Demi-God amonst the English crowd was with an ankle injury and the commentators on Sky Sports were continiously talking about it.

Chris Cairns
Jason Gillespie
Doin Nash
Shayne O'Conner (a fine bowler)
Geoff Allott (as above)
Mitchell Johnson (Queensland left arm seamer that has a lot of promise apparently but has been injured for so long and not giving him a chance to cement a spot in the Queensland team)
Richard Johnson
Simon Jones
Shane Bond

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Mashrafe for sure

Injured himself in his first year...was recovering from a back injury, tripped on a skipping rope needed a knee reconstruction, just returned for the WC, played 2 games, stood on a cricket ball, out for the rest of that, injured in virtually every game he played in Australia, played well against England but did his knee again...should be back for the NZ home series

Craig

World Traveller
steds said:
Come on! He's only played against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.
Hey you can only do what is bowled or walks out to bat at you.

If it weren't for injury, I'm sure he would have played many many more Tests.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wouldn't be so certain.

He's always been a good county player, but that doesn't mean a great deal when it comes to Internationals.

Craig

World Traveller
He was originally picked in 1995-96 but had to pull due to injury.

It would be unfair for him just to play a couple of Tests in his career and make judgement.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can't see him making it back unless there's a run of injuries.

Certainly on 2004 form he has no chance.

masterblaster

International Captain
From India's point of view, good old Zaheer Khan takes the cake and Ashish Nehra follows closely.

But otherwise, Shane Bond. So much talent, so many expectations, such a shame....

Zeke

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bruce Reid would get an honorable mention from the past. Absolutely devestating left arm quick, cut down by injuries in his prime.