• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's Your Favourite Player for the Weirdest Reason?

Legglancer

State Regular
Clayton Lambert ...... If anyone ever watched him bat you would know why ....... I even tried to model my batting like him ( not much success though) !

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Legglancer said:
Clayton Lambert ...... If anyone ever watched him bat you would know why ....... I even tried to model my batting like him ( not much success though) !
Begging your pardon legglancer, but who is Clayton Lambert? Does he play for the USA? I've heard the name somewhere before but can't place him. How does he bat?

Legglancer

State Regular
Barney Rubble said:
Begging your pardon legglancer, but who is Clayton Lambert? Does he play for the USA? I've heard the name somewhere before but can't place him. How does he bat?
Yes he played for the USA ..... but before that he played for the West Indies .... he even scored a century against England in 1998 ( I think he contributed to atherton giving up the captaincy).

But what makes him so special is he had his own patented unique style of batting which you have to see to believe.

DocHead

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dermot Reeve, simply because of a Charles Collville commentary stint at NZ/Eng at the Hong Kong Sixes a few years back.

BOWLED HIM, REEVE IS ON A HATTRICK
....next ball for 4
BOWLED HIM, 3 IN 4, NEW ZEALAND ARE IN TATTERS

You'd think it was a World Cup final, such was the excitement in his voice.

2nd would have to go to Ravi 'The Man' Rampaul. I don't know why he's the Man, he just is. It's divinely ordained.

Ravi, Ravi, he's our man, if he can't do it no-one can! We were in the crowd in the washed out ODI in Durban, and we had quite a decent Ravi Rampaul chant going, he was fielding near us.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
DocHead said:
Dermot Reeve, simply because of a Charles Collville commentary stint at NZ/Eng at the Hong Kong Sixes a few years back.

BOWLED HIM, REEVE IS ON A HATTRICK
....next ball for 4
BOWLED HIM, 3 IN 4, NEW ZEALAND ARE IN TATTERS

You'd think it was a World Cup final, such was the excitement in his voice.

2nd would have to go to Ravi 'The Man' Rampaul. I don't know why he's the Man, he just is. It's divinely ordained.

Ravi, Ravi, he's our man, if he can't do it no-one can! We were in the crowd in the washed out ODI in Durban, and we had quite a decent Ravi Rampaul chant going, he was fielding near us.
Did you witness the "Mohammed Bump"?

IE that fielding effort in SA he did, which got broadcasted on the big screen for all to laugh at! That was class, he tried to field it like he was toboganning down a hill, had the commentators in hysterics too..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
DocHead said:

What's happened to him, another one who's crocked?

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
The clear winner here is Chris Harris for a number of reasons:

He's been bald since birth
He action is the oddest in the world, half leg spin medium type ish
His middle name is ZinZan
He used to bowl with a cap
When we first watched him in a test match he extravagantly left the first 20 odd balls he faced and eventually fell lbw leaving a straight one.

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Mckenzie - never a man in Test cricket I have heard of that has so many supersitions (sp) before going out to bat and when batting.

However, that is a weakness in it's self if the opposition use it correctly.

Don

State Vice-Captain
shivnarine chanderpaul cuz hes the tiger and hes the crab man.
Ravi rampaul well he from trinidad and he just ravi
brian lara cuz of that big bald head

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I always enjoyed watching Dinesh Mongia bat. Everytime he hits the ball in the air, it seems to land in no man's land. I suppose not everytime, but most of the time, he hits the ball in the air and the commentators get excited and then they see it falls safe. It is just so funny to see the commentators get so excited about nothing.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Tufnell, for obvious reasons, because he almost single handedly won the first Test that I remember. Plus, I generally like controversial people.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Ashley Giles' little kick-up routines when the ball rolls back to him at the bowler's end always make me laugh, especially when he messes them up!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Carl Bulfin...

No, who am I kidding? Mark Richardson - I've played with him, and he is the funniest chap in the dressing room on a wet afternoon... not to mention his mad efforts in between scoring runs.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Fave players are Ponting and Kallis although I do like Darren Lehmann because hes fat and an Aussie stereotype:D