• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Catches Win Matches. But For Which Bowlers?

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
We all know that CATCHES WIN MATCHES.

Remember the dropped catch that lost South Africa the game against Australia in the World Cup in England a while back.

Well this poll is to ask you how often people drop catches. And often which type of bowler has the most catches drop off them.

What to do:
Post a message if you want, but the main this wanted is to vote!
Choose the most accurate percentage for each bowling type (Fast, Medium Spin)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a tough one.

I've played a lot of cricket for several years and have seen too many dropped catches for my liking (many off my own bowling). I think generally it is fast bowlers, but only because the ball comes off the bat quicker, as in edges or whatever. However, keepers are more likely to drop spinners.

So my vote goes to - fast bowlers, but with not much confidence.

Swervy

International Captain
i have seen a lot of catches dropped off spinners by the keeper when stood up...its a tricky question this one

FRAZ

International Captain
Ok le'me see which kind of a bowler has more dependency upon the fielders , Then thats definately spinners .

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I've seen alot more catches dropped off quickies than spinners(but I've had a few dropped off me) but a wicket-keeper drops more catches stood up than when he's 15 yards back. I also think missed stumpings should come into the equation, too.

cbuts

International Debutant
quickeis have more dropped behind the stumps, excluding the keeper. slow bowlers seem to have alot dropped in the out field, and spinners by the keeper, thats my experience anyway

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
I've seen alot more catches dropped off quickies than spinners(but I've had a few dropped off me) but a wicket-keeper drops more catches stood up than when he's 15 yards back. I also think missed stumpings should come into the equation, too.
But stumpings aren't catches...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
But stumpings aren't catches...
it's still a mode of dismissing a batsman. A missed stumping can be just as costly as a dropped catch.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
I don't disagree. However, a stumping is not a catch.

Very observant.

Personally i think spinners depend more on the fielders but even still have too many dropped.

SPINNERS - 50% taken
QUICKIES - 70% taken

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
It always depends on who is fielding where. If you have non-regular fielders at crucial positions like slips, point or wicketkeeper, expect a few catches dropped. That said, the West Indians drop a few catches too many.