• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best bowlers

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
everyone always comes up with lara and tendulkar as the best batsmen of their generation but who would be the two top bowlers?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
2 is really unfair. I want to add ALAN DONALD in my list. Thanks Langeveldt.

FRAZ

International Captain
Shoaib Akhtar and Anil Kumble for me. They are no BS bowlers. Always attacking and earning their wickets with respect and they dont beg the batsman to make a mistake . and from the past Wasim Akram and Craig Mcdermott , Damn you aussies how can you forget that man Mcdermott.
Why we watch cricket ? For excitement off course and the above bowlers always kept the viewers on the edge of their seats ...

Deja moo

International Captain
McGrath , Wasim , Waqar ( cant argue with the best strike rate of all time ) , Warne , Kumble ( India would have had a poor home record without him) ,Murali , .

To choose any two , I'll go for McGrath and Warne.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
If I had to pick two bowlers to play for my life, I would pick Murali and Warne, the two greatest wicket takers in contemporary cricket and the greatest spinners ever to have played !!