• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ICC Super Series 2005

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Anyone else really, really, looking forward to this series? Australia (assuming they are stil no1 by 1 April next year) take on the Rest of the World in a 3-match ODI series, and....wait for it....A SIX DAY TEST MATCH?!?!

I guess six days is to avoid the possibility of a draw, which if it means a better match is great, plus just think of all the quality on show - McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and Warne taking on a frightening middle order of Dravid, Lara and Tendulkar.

The prospect of SRT and BCL batting together makes me really glad I don't have to bowl at them! But then again, the prospect of Steve Harmison at one end and Murali at the other makes me glad I don't have to bat against them too! I think Australia may well lose that one.

Deja moo

International Captain
Yeah.....thats one week of my life totally earmarked for cricket.Wont miss it for the world.

BTW , go through the previous pages....there was a thread for the superseries before too .

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
, the prospect of Steve Harmison at one end and Murali at the other makes me glad I don't have to bat against them too! I think Australia may well lose that one.

lol, Harmison (wide), lats time he was out here (wide)ws a laughing stock (wide), i dont think the Aussies will mind facing him too much, Murali doesn't have the venom he used to against Australia either for mine, pollock and Murali would be a much tougher proposition for mine :)

Swervy

International Captain
age_master said:
lol, Harmison (wide), lats time he was out here (wide)ws a laughing stock (wide), i dont think the Aussies will mind facing him too much, Murali doesn't have the venom he used to against Australia either for mine, pollock and Murali would be a much tougher proposition for mine :)

I wouldnt make the mistake of judging Harmison by how he bowled in Australia..he is a completely different player these days

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
Last time we went to Australia, Lee was good :p

The Harmison now is a much different bowler.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
age_master said:
lol, Harmison (wide), lats time he was out here (wide)ws a laughing stock (wide)QUOTE]

Don't let Harmy hear you say that... :@ ..he's something we didn't have last time round, a bowler who can scare batsman with his bounce and pace - if Ponting starts knocking him around and won't get out, he'll just spear one into his face!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Don't let Harmy hear you say that... :@ ..he's something we didn't have last time round, a bowler who can scare batsman with his bounce and pace - if Ponting starts knocking him around and won't get out, he'll just spear one into his face!
Hahahaha I love it when people make such statements. :D

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Sanz said:
Hahahaha I love it when people make such statements. :D
OK that may have been a bit of an exaggeration, but it must have been a while since Australia came up against a bowler (or two if you include Flintoff whose attitude is similar) who can match them for aggression whilst also being accurate and effective - there are players around like Tino Best who are very aggressive but with little end product.

Also, I don't appreciate being laughed at. By all means disagree with my statements but laughing them off is just not necessary. Let's keep it mature. Thanks.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
age_master said:
lol, Harmison (wide), lats time he was out here (wide)ws a laughing stock (wide)QUOTE]

so it will be like them facing lee and tait in the nets??

Eclipse

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
what you mean a beamer ?!

Fast as he is Ponting I doubt will have much trouble with the short ball he never has and thats against bowlers faster than Harmison.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Of course all this is assuming Harmy is selected for the ROTW 11. I'd have him in @ moment, but who knows if he'll be in form come the series?

How many of us would've had him twelve months ago? Wasn't even a nailed-on regular for England back then.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Good point BoyBrumby, but I would like to think that Harmy's here to stay from now on.

I meant bouncers not beamers - he successfully roughed up and dismissed Brian Lara in the last test, which although Brian Lara has a slight weakness against the short ball according to some, still I think proves that he has the pace and bounce to trouble any batsman. If you can trouble Lara you can trouble anyone.

Also, would Lee and Tait fire it up to 90-92mph in the nets? It seems to me that Lee needs to get into a "fired-up" kind of mood to bowl fast for long periods of time, I doubt he'd bother risking injury to his own team-mates in the nets.

sheikh_mohsin

Cricket Spectator
super series

i dont think there is much better tem than wat i m going to tell ya next. so hold your breath and concentrate and praise my best possible team for the rest of the world '11'

sachin tendulkar
stephen fleming
j.kallis
brain lara
rahul dravid
kumar sangakara
andrew flintoff
shaun pollock
muthiah murlitharan
shoaib akhter
daniel vittori