• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England: Young Guns vs Golden Oldies

Barney Rubble

International Coach
That's the spirit Neil - Giles' presence seems to have such an effect on everyone's morale that I'd gladly have him in the team for as long as he wants, he seems to be best mates with everyone, and rightly so - I've met him twice, and he's one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet.

And the one Test match this year he hasn't played in, we conceded 751!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
Purely and simply referring to his test match average and general favourite number.
Er, eh?
His Test-match average (one-innings average, anyway) as an opener is 13.57.
How d'you know his fave number is 29?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
That's the spirit Neil - Giles' presence seems to have such an effect on everyone's morale that I'd gladly have him in the team for as long as he wants, he seems to be best mates with everyone, and rightly so - I've met him twice, and he's one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet.

And the one Test match this year he hasn't played in, we conceded 751!!
I hardly think he'd have made much difference!
Not exactly like he made a massive contribution to the demolitions in the previous three games. Nor, I might add, to those at Old Trafford and The Oval.