• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bizarre

Sudeep

International Captain
_Ed_ said:
I was checking the score of the SL v SA match on Cricinfo and noticed a player I hadn't heard of was batting for SA, by the name of Duminy. So, I decided to check his profile and clicked on his name, and this is what I found:

http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/PLAYERS/RSA/D/DUMINY_JP_03000457/

South Africa must really be getting desperate!
It's Jean-Paul Duminy. And his profile is located here: http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/PLAYERS/RSA/D/DUMINY_JP_03045222/

:p:p:p

And Cricinfo's error further proves the fact that they're only #2, behind us. :D

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Well the dead man is doing better than most of the top order batsmen....
:P

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Interesting still that a player with fewer first-class games than James Anderson had when he went to the WC plays in the national team...

meggs

Cricket Spectator
ump

coming from south africa myself and watching every single game involving anybody from here i can tell you this : south africa need to start finding young players they can groom to help us win the 2007 world cup, JP Duminy has loads of potential and showed just how head strong he is when he came in to bat in his 2nd ODI when the top order failed. I do however think that seeing as Boeta Dippenaar is one of the top 10 run scorers for South Africa in ODI that he should have a permanent place in the ODI squad.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Can't wait to see Duminy and maybe Puttick play against England..

I agree, Boeta should be a permanant fixture as he is a class ODI player, annoying how he can't convert it into test match runs though :(