• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin or Lara?

Poorwa

Cricket Spectator
delkap said:
It is obvious you are new to the forum, and you probably haven't bothered to flick through previous threads.. So I just have two words for you:

Not Again !!

PS: BTW, my choice is Sachin.. and I don't wish to discuss it again ;)
Let me remind you mate.... i never came to u n asked u to reply to this topic personally... you should have understood the topic of the post from the subject itself.... and if "Not again" is all u had to say about this post, why on earth did u bother even checking the post????

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Poorwa said:
Let me remind you mate.... i never came to u n asked u to reply to this topic personally... you should have understood the topic of the post from the subject itself.... and if "Not again" is all u had to say about this post, why on earth did u bother even checking the post????
Not again!

meggs

Cricket Spectator
ump

:ph34r: ok this is my first post....this all seems quite complicated but i think that records show that LARA is the better batsman. 1st to reach 10 000 runs and highest first class and test score!

PY

International Coach
Welcome to CW. :)

I'm not too sure this argument can be decided by stats to be honest. It is all far too subjective for that because both guys have things that can be added on to their argument.

kashikooler979

Cricket Spectator
from sachin fan

if we talk about match winning in ODI's there are 0.001% matches in history of ODI's that one of the openers finished the match when against team scored above 200. and in todays cricket in 97% matches the score gone above to 200 so dont expect to sachin that he's finished the match and now lets talked about test cricket of sachin that he batted on No.4 or 5 and he's very consistance on this numbers but he's not finishes the matches because of his aggressivness but i think in near future we will look a different sachin in the middle of the pitch because he's show in Asia Cup that he could played without aggressivness. ok lets see. and in other hands the lara shows himself a finisher in ODI's and Test cricket. because he's batted on 3 or 4th number in ODIs and also in Tests. but lara not consistant in run scoring as sachin in last 10 years. only Kallis could compete sachin in consistance runs scoring from a long period (not hayden and ponting also). but at my view the sachin is better then lara in prospective of consistancy of run scoring(not too much). and lara is better in style of his batting. my pick is SACHIN TENDULKAR "GURU of cricket"

Swervy

International Captain
kashikooler979 said:
if we talk about match winning in ODI's there are 0.001% matches in history of ODI's that one of the openers finished the match when against team scored above 200. and in todays cricket in 97% matches the score gone above to 200 so dont expect to sachin that he's finished the match and now lets talked about test cricket of sachin that he batted on No.4 or 5 and he's very consistance on this numbers but he's not finishes the matches because of his aggressivness but i think in near future we will look a different sachin in the middle of the pitch because he's show in Asia Cup that he could played without aggressivness. ok lets see. and in other hands the lara shows himself a finisher in ODI's and Test cricket. because he's batted on 3 or 4th number in ODIs and also in Tests. but lara not consistant in run scoring as sachin in last 10 years. only Kallis could compete sachin in consistance runs scoring from a long period (not hayden and ponting also). but at my view the sachin is better then lara in prospective of consistancy of run scoring(not too much). and lara is better in style of his batting. my pick is SACHIN TENDULKAR "GURU of cricket"
yes ..tendulkar has been the model of consistancy in recent times:

8,51,9,32,8,7,55,1,0,1,37,0,44,241*,60*,194*,2,8,1

so consistant :D

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
yes ..tendulkar has been the model of consistancy in recent times:

8,51,9,32,8,7,55,1,0,1,37,0,44,241*,60*,194*,2,8,1

so consistant :D
swervy thats nice
But let me tell you one thing that still Tendulkar's wicket is a prized one . although I just liked one tendulkar's inning , When He played against SOuth Africa in South Africa in late 90's I guess .And his partnership with Azharuddin was very nice , Doesnt matter Insia lost the match ...
In my opinion I always preffered Azhar over Tendulkar . And Tendulkar is certainly not the greatest batsman of the recent times . Lara is better and Ponting is also way better than TEndulkar . Dravid has always been under rated , he is more reliable than Tendukar .The one shot that is my favourite is the on drive of Tendulkar , he is master of that shot for sure . For me the greatest Indian Batsman was Gawaskar , The time when he scored those runs was a bowler's time . And I am not pretty sure Tendulkar if born in that time could make that much runs ....
I am afraid to put up this post because Some fellows are gonna take it personally .
I am gonna see the posts starting with dumb , HaHaHaHa word and ending with a stupid logic by damn mongolians ....

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
swervy thats nice
But let me tell you one thing that still Tendulkar's wicket is a prized one . although I just liked one tendulkar's inning , When He played against SOuth Africa in South Africa in late 90's I guess .And his partnership with Azharuddin was very nice , Doesnt matter Insia lost the match ...
In my opinion I always preffered Azhar over Tendulkar . And Tendulkar is certainly not the greatest batsman of the recent times . Lara is better and Ponting is also way better than TEndulkar . Dravid has always been under rated , he is more reliable than Tendukar .The one shot that is my favourite is the on drive of Tendulkar , he is master of that shot for sure . For me the greatest Indian Batsman was Gawaskar , The time when he scored those runs was a bowler's time . And I am not pretty sure Tendulkar if born in that time could make that much runs ....
I am afraid to put up this post because Some fellows are gonna take it personally .
I am gonna see the posts starting with dumb , HaHaHaHa word and ending with a stupid logic by damn mongolians ....
I think Tendulkar is still THE man all teams are out to get out

masterblaster

International Captain
Sachin Tendulkar vs Brian Lara (In TOP Form)

Sachin Tendulkar = His batting is a classical piece of fine art at its most perfect
Brian Lara = Flamboyance and disdain for his opponents at its best

Take your pick people.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Sachin. I just don't enjoy watching Lara bat, despite his undoubted genius.

Deja moo

International Captain
FRAZ said:
No Fraz , youre the only one who takes things personally whenever any Indian player is mentioned.

On last count , you had 6 posts with this tone .Can it .

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Deja moo said:
No Fraz , youre the only one who takes things personally whenever any Indian player is mentioned.

On last count , you had 6 posts with this tone .Can it .
hear hear!! =D>

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Poorwa said:
Only reason I said not again!! was because there hv been too many discussions on this topic as it is. I had no intention of offending you, and if I did, I am sorry..

As for why I posted it, I did post my opinion that I prefer Sachin :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
masterblaster said:
Sachin Tendulkar vs Brian Lara (In TOP Form)

Sachin Tendulkar = His batting is a classical piece of fine art at its most perfect
Brian Lara = Flamboyance and disdain for his opponents at its best

Take your pick people.
Can I elect to have the pair of them batting together when both are in top form please?

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Can I elect to have the pair of them batting together when both are in top form please?
Lets hope thats the case during the ROW vs Aus game.*fingers crossed*