• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you Support II, Aus/Eng?

Sehwag309

Banned
This is not for Australians/British. I am interested to know what team do others support here, or say enjoy watching.
Please be frank, its nothing serious and only choose 1

I, and am sure others as well enjoy the World Champions on the field but it gives me great pleasure to watch England.
1) Coz they are doing well at the moment
2) Rarity to watch England play on TV in North America

masterblaster

International Captain
Im a full 100% Indian supporter, but since I live in Australia, I have to say to be slightly partial to the Australians.

Although I love it when the English put up a good fight.

Craig

World Traveller
None.

Wouldn't support either even if you paid me. But if I had to choose, it would probably be England.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I used to support England , always against the Aussies but they have been so damn disappointing for so damn long that one had become a bitter critic. I must say I am enjoying watching them after a long time.

I didnt think of it before, but now that you ask, I surprise myself but I think I will support England.

By the way, Giles success when bowling regular left arm stuff aimed at getting the batsmen out by pitching on their leg stump and bowling round the wicket to right handers and vice versa shows how muach damage the warped thinking of a captain can do to a player and to a team's cause.

Giles is a revelation to many of my friends but I always felt he wasnt even given a trial by Nasser Hussain.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I liked Australia till Mark Taylor was captain. With Steve Waugh, they started sledging a lot which I am never a big fan of and lost a lot of respect for them as a team.

England never used liked because they have always had too much of chopping and changing with very litle thought towards the future.

Under Hussain, though, the team started bulding, the true effects of which can be seen under Vaughan. They arent a great side yet but the team selections finally seem to be making sense and the team is collapsing less often than before. Most importantly, they are playing good cricket which is always appreciated.

Sudeep

International Captain
Australia for me, without doubt.

I sometimes let my patriotism give way to support for Australia's cricket, so it's no surprise I'd support them over England.

Having said that, I did support England over New Zealand, and would support them over any other team except India and Australia.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Aussies. even though they sledge and have been beating india in ODIs again and again and again and again and again

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England definitely - I've tried to support other teams, but always come back to them. Don't know why, it's just the charm of the team I suppose.

Craig

World Traveller
Samuel_Vimes said:
England definitely - I've tried to support other teams, but always come back to them. Don't know why, it's just the charm of the team I suppose.
Or is it because they are your cloest team?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
Possibly...although "close" shouldn't really matter for a sport you only follow over the web! ;)
How did a Norwegian get into cricket? Assuming you are, of course!

Not knocking it at all, just curious! :)