• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you Support II, Aus/Eng?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
How did a Norwegian get into cricket? Assuming you are, of course!

Not knocking it at all, just curious! :)
That should probably be a sticky along with Sachin v Lara and Warne v Murali. ;)

Seriously, though, at first I was fascinated by the mere idea that a sport could last five days and still not get a result. Then I vowed to teach myself the rules of this crazy game. To teach myself the rules, I had to find somewhere good to read them (i.e. cricinfo before "about the game" disappeared into the mists of the sitemap) and then I found the game interesting, so I continued to watch some. Then, after some more months, I joined here...and now I'm kind of caught in the trap with no going-back! ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
That should probably be a sticky along with Sachin v Lara and Warne v Murali. ;)

Seriously, though, at first I was fascinated by the mere idea that a sport could last five days and still not get a result. Then I vowed to teach myself the rules of this crazy game. To teach myself the rules, I had to find somewhere good to read them (i.e. cricinfo before "about the game" disappeared into the mists of the sitemap) and then I found the game interesting, so I continued to watch some. Then, after some more months, I joined here...and now I'm kind of caught in the trap with no going-back! ;)
Fair play. I was under the impression continentals (tiny pockets of Holland & Demark excluded) viewed our national summer sport a peculiarly English (well Commonwealth) eccentricity!

Or perhaps that's part of its charm for you?!? :p

Loony BoB

International Captain
Australia, but only because I work with a lot of English people throughout the country and I hate hearing about them rave on about how they can beat anyone, bring on the Aussies, etc. etc. etc... I'm quite big on the Southern vs. Northern Hemisphere thing, too, although that's more rugby than cricket.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
England, for the same reasons as Loony Bob. You get bloody sick of the constant dribble on Australian TV making gods out of their over-achieving cricketers. Also to see the underdog win.

Neither is a great option though.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
Australia, but only because I work with a lot of English people throughout the country and I hate hearing about them rave on about how they can beat anyone, bring on the Aussies, etc. etc. etc... I'm quite big on the Southern vs. Northern Hemisphere thing, too, although that's more rugby than cricket.
I was in Edinburgh for a year and a half mate, what are you doing up that way?

cbuts

International Debutant
Craig said:
I am not.

I come from the other side of the Tasman.
hey com on craig u gotta go for the aussies. im a kiwi and theres nothing better than seeing the pom get screwed. even if it is by the aussies

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm supporting Australia because I respect that team for having changed the game for the better. They play the kind of aggressive cricket that I would love to see every team play.

But, this will definitely be an excellent test for the resurgent England team. The Flintoffs, Harmisons, Giles, etc will all be put to the real test. I'll be looking forward to see how well they perform.

Craig

World Traveller
cbuts said:
hey com on craig u gotta go for the aussies. im a kiwi and theres nothing better than seeing the pom get screwed. even if it is by the aussies
I could never go for Australia - it would be like asking a Scot to support England when playing against somebody else (other then Scotland).