• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

poor old windies

Don

State Vice-Captain
yea bravo is a good player.i havent had the chance to play against him but i have played against his brother darren whu is another fine cricketer.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Aylott said:
Bravo is a great bowler
Edwards has lots of potential
But what happened to McLean And King who played in the 2000 tour
They're off in England and South Africa playing pro cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Joesph looks promosing (sp) but he looked to airy fairy outside off stump to make me consider whether or not he is up to it or not. Of course if he stops flashing his bat at balls outside the off stump he looks like a good player.
IMO Smith (of the Devon variety) is a better player though. I'd much prefer to have him at the top of the order with Chris. That said, I wish he'd play his natural aggressive game more often.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
IMO Smith (of the Devon variety) is a better player though. I'd much prefer to have him at the top of the order with Chris. That said, I wish he'd play his natural aggressive game more often.
I never noticed that Devon Smith had an attacking game.Since when?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
I never noticed that Devon Smith had an attacking game.Since when?
Well clearly you've not followed his career then. Check out the U19 tour of England in 2001 and you'll see all you need to see. I saw him play some amazing innings in that series.

Craig

World Traveller
Liam is Slyvester Joesph usually an opening batsman or does he usually bat in the middle order?

I seem to remember seeing him listed in the middle order.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
AFAIK Joseph is no opener and has just, rather inexplicably, been made to open here.
His First-Class record, even with a good tour here, is very average and one reasonably good innings has, unsurprisingly, been offset by three poor ones.
Though it is true that Carlton Baugh has always looked like a player with huge potential. His First-Class average must be nearly 50 without Tests now and, though I think Atherton's comments on Jacobs were wholly unfair - how on Earth can he say he's past it because he had 3 bad innings? - I suppose it's always been an only-a-matter-of-time situation before Baugh established himself.
I'd still like to see Jacobs get another go, though.
Apart from Baugh and Bravo (plus the obvious of Gayle and Chanderpaul) not many players have made much impression on me in the tour. Though Lara obviously has it in him to recover from this disappointment.
Still not totally convinced about Devon Smith, but I unquestionably think far more of him than Ganga! Or Williams, or Wavell Hinds as an opener.
Someone remind me how old Sherwin Campbell is at present?

Craig

World Traveller
Mid 30s AFAIK.

Williams has about as much chance of getting back into the West Indies team as there is of Neil singing "Advance Australia Fair".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Or me eating my computer, eh? ;)
The old Australia playing 5 bowlers tack did that every time.