• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

bring back alex tudor!!!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
y isnt alex tudor ahead of simon jones in the pescking order for the england pace attack?

he is surely just as good a player if not better
and another thing poor old paul collingwood has seemingly dissapeared following the emergence of strauss key and now ian bell.i would like to se both of these players get another chance with the test team

sure they cannot be overlooked forever

and as for agareth batty well he needs no more chances i have seen enough of him along with the linkes of philip schofield

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tudor isn't anywhere near because he's been injured and when fit underperforming for Surrey. Besides, it's hardly as if our current pacemen are underperforming is it?

Batty won't displace Giles as he's always been a much lesser performer when playing alongside him.

I assume you mean Chris Schofield, not Philip, but seeing as Philip does seem to bowl about as much as Chris at the moment, maybe I'm wrong there?

Collingwood - who exactly do you propose him getting in the side ahead of?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Okay, we've got the best England side of my lifetime, and you want to bring in a consistently under-achieving, injury prone and inconsistent paceman with an attitude problem. Why?

Collingwood has not been picked because he's been in the wrong place at the wrong time - that's bad luck on his part, but who are you going to drop?!

Sudeep

International Captain
So it's not just the Indian fans suffering from the over expectations syndrome...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Tudor is more aggressive, if not better, than Anderson, Saggers and Kirtley.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The best I have seen of Alex Tudor was in the home Test series against the Lankans in 2002. A pity he can't replicate that form. And the batting form he displayed against NZ.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No arguing that he has potential, but the attitude and injury proneness make him not worth bothering with.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
No arguing that he has potential, but the attitude and injury proneness make him not worth bothering with.
What attitude problems has Tudor posed?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
SL Test 2002 @ OT... Hoggard was bowling himself into the ground, the ball was thrown to Tudor, who complained about a "niggle" so Hoggard had to run in again.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
What attitude problems has Tudor posed?
He's famous for his attitude problems...he just doesnt put the hard yards in. Bowlers rarely bowl 100% fit, but they get on with it...something Tudor wouldnt do. He also had a major stamina problem, he just couldnt bowl long spells...and it was hardly like he steamed in every ball.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
ok ok ok but surely tudor is better than jones

tudor may not have had the best of times recently but surely he is mor talented than simon jones and if tudor has an attitude problem then simon jones has 1 that is twice the size and lets make out that tudor isnt a racist and doesnt shout abuse at the batsman after he gets him out.

and btw yes earleier i did mean chris schofield

also i hope to have seen the last of aftab habib and ronny irani

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hmm, sentences may help me to understand what on earth you're going on about here.

Are you suggesting that Jones' attitude is worse than Alex "Oh no my toenail's chipped, I can't bowl" Tudor? Or that Jones is racist?

And a third bounce bowler would be a wasted selection in the England side, anyway - we have Flintoff and Harmison to do that, the other two bowlers should be shorter and either skiddier or swing it.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
Tudor is more aggressive, if not better, than Anderson, Saggers and Kirtley.
Tudor is not a has-been - he's a never-even-got-close.

And that's how it should be.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sledger said:
tudor may not have had the best of times recently but surely he is mor talented than simon jones and if tudor has an attitude problem then simon jones has 1 that is twice the size and lets make out that tudor isnt a racist and doesnt shout abuse at the batsman after he gets him out.

I really don't know what you're trying to say here, but to say Simon Jones has twice the attitude problem of Tudor after he battled back from that injury to thake that 5fer in the Windies (when you consider Tudors hypochondriac nature) is a bit wide of the mark IMO.