• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Dutch Tri-Series Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Since no one has started a thread on this, here goes.

The inaugral match between India and Pakistan was delayed due to rain.. about to start now.

In the biggest news of the day, AA is abck in the team :D

Craig

World Traveller
IMO I would have considered this tournament worthwhile if they played each other twice, instead of playing each other just the once.

People talk about this promoting cricket in Holland, but how? The crowd that will attending will ex-pats, tourists, or any Dutch who are curious, and besides the Dutch football season began so PSV Eindhoven's arch rivals Ajax Amerstdam will be getting a lot of press, and the Olympics and cycling season aren't over.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Since no one has started a thread on this, here goes.

The inaugral match between India and Pakistan was delayed due to rain.. about to start now.

In the biggest news of the day, AA is abck in the team :D
And SET MAX is there to ruin it for us... It'd work better if they just concentrate on cricket. They've seemingly tried to tone down the crap, but the quality is still not up to the mark.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A meaningless practise tournament IMO.

They were showing a clipping on tv where Indian Sports broadcaster Charu Sharma went about the streets of Holland with a bat and a ball asking people which sport it is used to play.

Very few people, not surprisingly, could guess it was cricket.

Holland has a cricket history and it could have developed into an average cricket nation by now.

The stadium thuogh is full of Asian fans, not surprisingly either.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No balls in this tournament will be called by third umpires! Its an experiment by the ICC.. why do it in an international match? Funny they thuoght of asking third umpires to call no balls in the first place.

Sudeep

International Captain
Vande Mataram said:
Is it just me or is that stadium WAY too small for a international match?
Just you I guess, the size is pretty decent... Wouldn't call it "WAY too small."

delkap

State Vice-Captain
BTW, Afridi gone for a quick-fire 19 (13) by guess who ;) Some fans will be delighted.. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
No balls in this tournament will be called by third umpires! Its an experiment by the ICC.. why do it in an international match? Funny they thuoght of asking third umpires to call no balls in the first place.
It's happening in the CT as well I believe.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Wow Vandemataram you are back after a seriously long time dude :blink:

Hey what's wrong with the coverage? It has been great for me after watching the Asia Cup with Ary's commentary team. I like Slats and there are Sanjay , Ramiz, Barry ,etc,. Pretty good say i'd say compared to the Asia Cup coverage.

The stadium is packed with expats :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
V Reddy said:
He's not.

It's Nikhil wanting to change his name every 2 or 3 months.

Don't see the point personally.

Sudeep

International Captain
V Reddy said:

Hey what's wrong with the coverage? It has been great for me after watching the Asia Cup with Ary's commentary team. I like Slats and there are Sanjay , Ramiz, Barry ,etc,. Pretty good say i'd say compared to the Asia Cup coverage.

No problem with the actual play-by-play commentary. The pre and post match shows are the problem...

Sudeep

International Captain
V Reddy said:

And while we're at it, Ramiz Raja IMO is the most biased commentator ever... :p

NikhilN

International Regular
V Reddy said:

lol...there is another vande mataram on the forums?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Laxman goes, Shoaib Malik striking in his first over. Man of the Match performance from him I think, barring something spectacular from Yuvraj and Kaif.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
an india pakistan match is an india pakistan match no metter where it is played .........come on pakistan!!!!!!!....and by the way ....i know you are all glad to hear from me again......... :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: