• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Dutch Tri-Series Thread

FRAZ

International Captain
honestbharani said:
I don't think anyone is claiming IND are #2 now. Sourav said that at a time when Ind was the runner up at the ICC Champions Trophy and at the ICC World Cup, when India were defeated only by Australia. No one is stupid enough to suggest that based on this season.
You know what Number 2 is a humble position .
Ok lets see how many people in the world are cricket fans . 1.5 billion . and how many are gonna vote for India .
SO Story ends . India no 1 . I have seen that if some one tries to make any poll here on CW , Its always screwed due to extra patriotism,especially by only one team's supporters, hmmmmm damn mongolians ......

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Are the Indian selectors still stuck with such a mediocre team? Really, their present form calls for changes throughout the team. Even the Indian A team has played better. At least two all-rounders play there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
marc71178 said:
Have you not seen some of the comments on here recently?

I meant amongst the players. I mean, no disrespect intended, but I think the players would know more about where their respective teams stand than the fans. Sure, you don't expect a West Indian to say that they are poor (Which they are) but you can expect someone like Sourav to say what he feels is right. If India had won the Asia CUp and this series now in Holland, he would have said we are #2 and I think it would have been reasonably justified. But with the we have played in these two series, atleast the players don't have any illusions about where they stand.

FRAZ

International Captain
Deeps ! buddy whats your real name ...
Any ways it was fun to say that I guess . Enjoy yourself man . Life's too short to take every thing seriously
Yours truly
Fraz M Waraich.

Swervy

International Captain
Linda said:
Isnt it supposed to be summer up there? Why is it always bloody raining?!

because its summer :D

It has been a particularly bad summer up here in UK and Northern Europe...an utter joke in fact

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Oooh, Bucknor gives out Ponting to controversial LBW decision.

Did you get that, whingers? Bucknor gives out Australian against Indians!

Time to put the discrimination theories to bed.

Swervy

International Captain
and Lloyds gave Symonds out caught behind when he didnt hit it......but thats cricket i guess

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Oooh, Bucknor gives out Ponting to controversial LBW decision.

Did you get that, whingers? Bucknor gives out Australian against Indians!

Time to put the discrimination theories to bed.
Erm, Ponting had already survived one chance earlier. Talk to us when Bucknor does it 10 in a row.

Symonds was unlucky though. I think field umpires should check with 3rd umpire in such cases.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
shankar said:
Quite inexplicable why Nehra's playing instead of Harbhajan on this track.
Well Ganguly still has Rohan Gavaskar and Yuvraj Singh, Incase he really wants to excersize the spin option.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ponting was plumb lbw to Sehwag earlier, so it balances. Plus Haddin was plumb first ball as well which in a way cancels Symonds decison out (lol, thats my twisted thinking anyway)

And i thought it was utter bullsiht that Ponting went and told the umpire it hit his bat when it clearly didn't, that ridiculous to me the umpires job is hard enough without that nonsense, he should be banned. Remember when Ganguly was banned for holding his bat up after being given out lbw?

NikhilN

International Regular
Match rained out :(...Indias only chance now is Australia lose the next match with a slow run rate

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Erm, Ponting had already survived one chance earlier. Talk to us when Bucknor does it 10 in a row.

So you're seriously telling us that Bucknor has got 10 consecutive decisions wrong all against India?

And you call Steve Waugh a sore loser... 8-)

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
And we know how good Pakistan are at getting the BP! ;)
India stolen the bonus point against pak in the asia cup and that knocked pakistan out.Its about time pakistan got a bonus point in the first match of the videocon