• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Dutch Tri-Series Thread

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The seven batsman strategy has failed again....

If they stayed at the crease longer and hit more big shots (and ran harder between wickets), they wouldn't NEED seven batsmen!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ravi Shastri's quote:
Agarkar's selection is good and his all-round abilities will come useful. He may have his doubters, but he has an impressive all-round record.
Big deal. Bowls at least 1 rubbish over, then gives 2 catching chances, more than the runs he scores. Just out. Some all-round abilities. Ever heard of Abdul Razzaq? Or Shoaib Malik? Or Shahid Afridi?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Arjun said:
Ravi Shastri's quote:Big deal. Bowls at least 1 rubbish over, then gives 2 catching chances, more than the runs he scores. Just out. Some all-round abilities. Ever heard of Abdul Razzaq? Or Shoaib Malik? Or Shahid Afridi?
I'm sure he has, but he problem is that you can't pick them, because they're not Indian ;)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
124/9.. there crumbles the so called great Indian batting line up. With 120 to win off 110 balls with 7 wickets remaining, India should have won this one.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
PAKISTAN WINS .... a superb performance to get the tournament started....a magnificent win to with the triumph of the asia cup.......

Stunning performance......

pakster

U19 12th Man
wohoo!!

The much flaunted indian batting lineup surcombes(sp?) to 2 part time spinners!
Afridi doing his usual thing and malik turning into spomewhat of a decent all rounder.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
i dont get why india call themselves no2 in the world when even pakistan can beat them twice in 2 months.I think to be honest england could be no2 in the world at the moment

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
AFRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! one of my fave cricketers has bowled well!! this is a big thing people... go malik and go afridi!!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
So you didn't see them in the Natwest series then.
There's little doubt that the improvement we've witnessed in the England test side hasn't manifested itself in the ODI side (don't know whether to add '- yet' to that statement - yet).

FRAZ

International Captain
imranrabb said:
i dont get why india call themselves no2 in the world when even pakistan can beat them twice in 2 months.I think to be honest england could be no2 in the world at the moment
NOT NO 2
But 2 Number

FRAZ

International Captain
Shoaib Malik's statement.

Man-of-the-match Malik, whose century powered Pakistan to a 59-run victory when the teams last met at the Asia Cup in Colombo in July, said he didn't reserve his best performances for India: "Not especially against India. The problem is my wife is from India," he said with a smile on his face.
Courtesy : www.cricketonly.com

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
wow didnt even know there was a tri series going on with aus,ind & pak. crap of a match for IND maybe the tailenders should have performed better, I mean how often can you expect 7 batsmen to say your day :p

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
maxpower said:
wow didnt even know there was a tri series going on with aus,ind & pak. crap of a match for IND maybe the tailenders should have performed better, I mean how often can you expect 7 batsmen to say your day :p
The Indians need someone among them to step up as a batsman, to core runs, mostly in sixes. That's the only way the tail-end batting can improve. But if the top 7 batsmen bat like incompetents, what can the bottom 4 do? They're outnumbered here!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
imranrabb said:

I don't think anyone is claiming IND are #2 now. Sourav said that at a time when Ind was the runner up at the ICC Champions Trophy and at the ICC World Cup, when India were defeated only by Australia. No one is stupid enough to suggest that based on this season.