• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Dutch Tri-Series Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
a10khan said:
u can say that coz u dint have ur team playing on the recieving end. has nothing to with cowardness, those were 2 misreble decisions n if an international umpire [suppsoedly 2nd best in the world] cant make those decisions then he shd go.

Youhana to go as well then for his 2 terrible decisions that ran out Malik and Afridi?

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
^^ thats rite .. not sure if i said it here or on some other forum, there were only 2 reasons for pak's loss:yousuf youhana n david shepherd. that r 4 very important wickets right there.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And what about Razzaq's bad shot?

Pakistan were in with a chance then before that silly shot, and from what I've read, had he not got out, Youhana wouldn't have tried the shot when he was given out.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
^^ there was nothing extravagant abt youhana's shot.. n where did u read that youhana wouldnt have tried that shot if razzaq dint try his. thats bullcrap... there were 2 reasons for pak's loss: youhana n uncle shepherd. those r 4 wkts. rite there, GAME, SET N MATCH.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Razzaq's stupid shot lead to the pressure suddenly increasing (as when he was there the game was pretty much in hand) - Youhana compelled to try bigger shot, and given out.

abhilara

Cricket Spectator
Pratyush said:
A meaningless practise tournament IMO.

They were showing a clipping on tv where Indian Sports broadcaster Charu Sharma went about the streets of Holland with a bat and a ball asking people which sport it is used to play.

Very few people, not surprisingly, could guess it was cricket.

Holland has a cricket history and it could have developed into an average cricket nation by now.

The stadium thuogh is full of Asian fans, not surprisingly either.

I agree, what a total waste of time for the players. They already have packed schedule but yet the icc wants them to play in serious which only rain dominated rather much needed time with their families back home.

abhilara

Cricket Spectator
I agree totally. That is the way the game goes. Your going to get some your way and others against. Why harp on the bad all the time.

Waughney

International Debutant
I beleived this tournament would be a handy build up for the ICC trophy, especially for India who are out of form, but the rain ruined it all.......

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
abhilara said:
I agree, what a total waste of time for the players. They already have packed schedule but yet the icc wants them to play in serious which only rain dominated rather much needed time with their families back home.
It's nothing to do with the ICC wanting them to play in it - more the BCCI.