• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Sep, The 99 WC Re-match.

Bouncer

State Regular
How do you think that is going to go. The new Pakistani Batting line up is un experienced but to me against Aussies more capable of pulling of 220+ just bcoz the young players dont try to save their reputation (unlike old senior players ) and will play more +ively.

To me it comes down to if Pak can get more than 2 Aussie batsman out in first 12 ovars, this will put breaks(which are unlikely otherwise), and can give PAk a Chance.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
the new pakistan side will struggle. the aussie side has just tooo much quality .

FRAZ

International Captain
Bouncer said:
How do you think that is going to go. The new Pakistani Batting line up is un experienced but to me against Aussies more capable of pulling of 220+ just bcoz the young players dont try to save their reputation (unlike old senior players ) and will play more +ively.

To me it comes down to if Pak can get more than 2 Aussie batsman out in first 12 ovars, this will put breaks(which are unlikely otherwise), and can give PAk a Chance.
BOUNCER first of all your Avtar is quite nice . Unlike mine lol ....
Any ways good point !!!.
Let me tell you one thing that the three new batsmen i.e.
Imran Farhat
Yasir
Toufeeq
Imran Farhat is not gonna be a permenent member of the team in the future . Any ways this team has a long way to go .... Now I guess politics is not gonna be involved for some period of time , Its gonna be a Good team in future for sure .
As for this tournament is concerned then its gonna be too close . And Aussies and Pakistan are gonna be two teams who have the equal chance to win it .......

Waughney

International Debutant
Australia to win, unless Pakistan produce something special (which they have the potential to do)

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
this one is going to be more close then people think....pakistan have shown imrovement under woolmer which can be judged from their recent performances....the main one against india in the asia cup and the tri-series in holland.....

i am not saying that Pak will win ....but it should be a good contest...