Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53

Thread: Ganguly's achievements

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    pune,india
    Posts
    25

    Icon13

    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    As it stands at the moment, I would say Thorpe and Vaughan are better batsmen than Ganguly, and to be honest, Flintoff probably is as well...dont be looking at averages..everyone knows they arent the be all and end all of things. I may even rate Trescothick higher than him..and I have no doubts that players like Strauss and Bell are infact better batsmen who need to prove themselves to be.

    Surely Vaughans average was also boosted by him knocking big runs vs Australia as well.

    Anyway, I dont rate Ganguly particularly highly as a batsman. Bowl fast and straight and fairly short to him and he ***** himself.He just doesnt have the technique to deal with it. I think he is very lucky not to have batted at Perth vs Lee coz I think he would be made a fool of.This is one of the reasons why he does well in ODI (maybe a bit like BEvan in this way)..he doesnt have to worry too much about short stuff.

    Two moments standout for me..and both involve Flintoff..first was in the last series England had in India...Flintoff knew exactly where to bowl to Ganguly,and he ran circles all round him.Great stuff to watch, but Ganguly didnt know what had hit him.
    Second was in world cup. England vs India...Flintoff vs Ganguly and Flintoff just made Ganguly look awful, footwork was poor, shot selection was a joke..and that is because Ganguly was bricking it that he was going to get the short stuff.

    Of course when conditions suit him, and he gets his eye in he can look really good, but so can a number of batsmen around the world.

    So whoever said he was one of the greats..no he isnt

    u stupid ******* ganguly was rated the no.6 all time best one-day batsman by the bible of cricket-the Wisden; ur jealousy is understandable cos of india's recent hammering of the aussies at adelaide & calcutta but u make a fool of urself by stating ******** facts hahaha......

  2. #17
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by bhajji
    u stupid ******* ganguly was rated the no.6 all time best one-day batsman by the bible of cricket-the Wisden; ur jealousy is understandable cos of india's recent hammering of the aussies at adelaide & calcutta but u make a fool of urself by stating ******** facts hahaha......
    look mate..no need to get abusive..i have my opinion..I dont rate him much as a player or a captain or as a person. I have enough knowledge of the game to form my own opinions, and whilst I respect 'words of Wisden', they too are formed by other peoples opinions, which I dont happen to agree with.

    I dont see where jealousy comes into play, and if all you can do is pick out 2 test matches in 5 years then I dont know really who looks like the fool out of us two.

    I dont really give two hoots about the one day game when judging a player..obviously you do,and fair enough to that.

    But I dont think its on that you call me whatever is under those *'s just because I dont happen to agree with you.
    rave down, hit the ground


    MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

  3. #18
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by bhajji
    u stupid ******* ganguly was rated the no.6 all time best one-day batsman by the bible of cricket-the Wisden; ur jealousy is understandable cos of india's recent hammering of the aussies at adelaide & calcutta but u make a fool of urself by stating ******** facts hahaha......
    maybe its time you started making some half intelligent contributions to this forum

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    pune,india
    Posts
    25

    Icon13 hahaha.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    maybe its time you started making some half intelligent contributions to this forum

    well is it more intelligent to believe the Wisden saying ganguly is the sixth greatest one-day batsman of all time or listen to a jealous aussie who cant digest being whipped in adelaide & calcutta hahaha ****....


  5. #20
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by bhajji
    well is it more intelligent to believe the Wisden saying ganguly is the sixth greatest one-day batsman of all time or listen to a jealous aussie who cant digest being whipped in adelaide & calcutta hahaha ****....

    ok..so why do you think
    a) he is a great captain
    b) he is a great batsman

    try and think of the answers for yourself!!!!!

  6. #21
    International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,065
    Bhajji, If you cannot post anything without resorting to abusing forum members, please leave right now as we don't want people like this on our forums.

    You have your opinion, everybody has theirs. If everybody were to agree with you, this forum would be a pretty dull place.

    Let other people form their opinions, and people will allow you to have your own.

    Cheers,

    MB
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)


    "Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

    Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

  7. #22
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster
    Bhajji, If you cannot post anything without resorting to abusing forum members, please leave right now as we don't want people like this on our forums.

    You have your opinion, everybody has theirs. If everybody were to agree with you, this forum would be a pretty dull place.

    Let other people form their opinions, and people will allow you to have your own.

    Cheers,

    MB
    You know what these are the things which really **** me off .
    God damn it .................
    I dont know from where these craps come from . should've atleast some manners ..................
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  8. #23
    International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,065
    FRAZ mate, you were talking about Bhajji?

  9. #24
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    these during decent conversation farting craps are in large numbers.
    First I remember there was a guy bhagaagarkar and hellraiser (Who were the same guy) and now this A$$ clown........ God bless us all ....
    And look whom they are supporting ........
    These are the people who set fires in the stadiums. They dont even cheer at other team's performance .
    These people who are disgrace to any cricket playing nation .
    Imagine how the aussie , Pakistani , srilankan , Nz and almost all other coutries have good crowds who shout even for the crapy bowler balaji and buck him up .

  10. #25
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster
    FRAZ mate, you were talking about Bhajji?
    Yeah man . So due to this stupid extra patriotism ,I write some of my previous posts .
    no offense to you friend ....
    Last edited by FRAZ; 21-08-2004 at 05:11 AM.

  11. #26
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ
    these during decent conversation farting craps are in large numbers.
    First I remember there was a guy bhagaagarkar and hellraiser (Who were the same guy) and now this A$$ clown........ God bless us all ....
    And look whom they are supporting ........
    These are the people who set fires in the stadiums. They dont even cheer at other team's performance .
    These people who are disgrace to any cricket playing nation .
    Imagine how the aussie , Pakistani , srilankan , Nz and almost all other coutries have good crowds who shout even for the crapy bowler balaji and buck him up .

    say what you feel Fraz mate..hehehehe

  12. #27
    Banned ReallyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    As it stands at the moment, I would say Thorpe and Vaughan are better batsmen than Ganguly, and to be honest, Flintoff probably is as well...dont be looking at averages..everyone knows they arent the be all and end all of things. I may even rate Trescothick higher than him..and I have no doubts that players like Strauss and Bell are infact better batsmen who need to prove themselves to be.

    Surely Vaughans average was also boosted by him knocking big runs vs Australia as well.

    Anyway, I dont rate Ganguly particularly highly as a batsman. Bowl fast and straight and fairly short to him and he ***** himself.He just doesnt have the technique to deal with it. I think he is very lucky not to have batted at Perth vs Lee coz I think he would be made a fool of.This is one of the reasons why he does well in ODI (maybe a bit like BEvan in this way)..he doesnt have to worry too much about short stuff.

    Two moments standout for me..and both involve Flintoff..first was in the last series England had in India...Flintoff knew exactly where to bowl to Ganguly,and he ran circles all round him.Great stuff to watch, but Ganguly didnt know what had hit him.
    Second was in world cup. England vs India...Flintoff vs Ganguly and Flintoff just made Ganguly look awful, footwork was poor, shot selection was a joke..and that is because Ganguly was bricking it that he was going to get the short stuff.

    Of course when conditions suit him, and he gets his eye in he can look really good, but so can a number of batsmen around the world.

    So whoever said he was one of the greats..no he isnt
    Yeah right...Thorpe and Vaughan are better batters. And they have done so much more than Ganguly, right? I know averages aren't everything. But they are a good indicator of where ppl stand. And there is nothing between them. Vaughan is a worthless ODI player and should not be even playing ODIs. I find it funny how when it suits you, you bring averages into the picture and when it doesn't....you totally block it off. And What exactly has trescothick done to be better than Ganguly?

    It was hilarious when you said Strauss and Bell are better than Ganguly. How many matches have played combined? 5? Now I am going to claim Irfan Pathan is better than Lee, Gillespie and mcgrath. This is the first time you said something really dumb.

    Lets look at one more Ganguly Vs Flintoff incident. It was the Natwest finals. And Flintoff came on to bowl. His first ball was cover driven for four. And two balls later, Ganguly just walked down the track and hit him for six. Ganguly hit him for three more fours. And flintoff was ***** himself and started bowling wides.

  13. #28
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyCrazy
    Yeah right...Thorpe and Vaughan are better batters. And they have done so much more than Ganguly, right? I know averages aren't everything. But they are a good indicator of where ppl stand. And there is nothing between them. Vaughan is a worthless ODI player and should not be even playing ODIs. I find it funny how when it suits you, you bring averages into the picture and when it doesn't....you totally block it off. And What exactly has trescothick done to be better than Ganguly?

    It was hilarious when you said Strauss and Bell are better than Ganguly. How many matches have played combined? 5? Now I am going to claim Irfan Pathan is better than Lee, Gillespie and mcgrath. This is the first time you said something really dumb.

    Lets look at one more Ganguly Vs Flintoff incident. It was the Natwest finals. And Flintoff came on to bowl. His first ball was cover driven for four. And two balls later, Ganguly just walked down the track and hit him for six. Ganguly hit him for three more fours. And flintoff was ***** himself and started bowling wides.
    frist off, I am using what i know about cricket to make a judgement about Bell...yes he has hardly played the talent is obvious.

    And yes, Vaughan and Thorpe are better batsmen than Ganguly....as i say I am not overly bothered about how vaughan plays in ODI..he is obvious a class batsman, one of the best in the world.

    The thing is Pathan is really not better than the Australian bowlers, you know that, Iknow that, so thats just silly.

    Again, with the ganguly thing..that NatWest final..the pitch was a batsmans paradise,and Flintoff was restricted in how he could bowl.Dont use ODI's as a tool for showing a batsmans full reange of talents, ODI's are a batsmans game more than test...put ganguly on a seamer or a bouncy wicket and he is done for...unlike say Thorpe

  14. #29
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mirzapur, India
    Posts
    21,251
    When Indian cricket history is written, we will remember the change which took place in 1970-71 after the twin series wins in England and the West Indies.

    We will remember the emergence of India as a good one day side from 1983-87.

    Apart from that India were generally a poor side till around 1993.

    With Azhar's captaincy, India learned to win in home against teams consistently for the first time. They had the belief they could beat any one at home atleast.

    India were still shockingly poor abroad having such a poor record in even countries such as Zimbabwe.

    Ganguly's contribution would be to give the side the belief they can win any where, against any one. They may lose matches, they may win matches. But the belief which was lacking always is now there in the Indian team.

    People who remember Ganguly for his cockiness forget to see the big picture. Cricket is such a diverse game, there will always be aspects which are not perfect abuot people. Ganguly is not a great test batsman but has done a lot of good for Indian cricket.

  15. #30
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,903
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyCrazy
    But he IS better than a lot of players you have over there.

    You said "Ganguly's test record is much better than the record of so called good test batters both in the current era and the past."

    I quite conclusively proved it is not.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ganguly's starting to come good now
    By masterblaster in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-04-2003, 11:00 AM
  2. Ganguly's tall claim!
    By henochschon in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-09-2002, 04:48 PM
  3. WC '03...The world will be at Ganguly's feet!
    By vandemataram in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 20-07-2002, 11:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •