• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Maurice Odumbe banned for 5 years

Craig

World Traveller
Ex Kenyan captain Maurice Odumbe has been banned for five years for taking money from Indian bookmakers. At 35, this will almost certainly end his career and his reputation.

I do question what does this have on the future of Kenyan cricket and their chances of getting Test status.

FRAZ

International Captain
Amazing ....
In all the cases like this one .. India is named in one way or another ..... How come the Indians dont catch those F***ing cricminals, who are spreading this filth all around the world .......

Last edited:

Raj123

U19 Debutant
FRAZ said:
Amazing ....
In all the cases like this one .. India is named in one way or another ..... How come the Indians dont catch those F***ing cricminals, who are sreading this filth all around the world .......
get a life mate

FRAZ

International Captain
Raj123 said:
get a life mate
First off all "I love India". Secondly What I wanted to say was that "In mumbai this Match fixing thing has the headquarters" . Right or Wrong? So If these criminals have some sort of Links and Citizenships of India then INdian Authorities should wipe out all the Illegal gamblers and fixers .... Dont get me wrong man . Plzzzzz for god sake ..............

Waughney

International Debutant
Uncalled for Raj123, stop it.

It's great that they nailed Odumbe but it is a sad moment for Kenyan cricket, the class of their side will drop dramatically as a result.

FRAZ

International Captain
Raj123 said:
Hahaha... Mate you are cracking me up
Another Fart out loud incident during a well behaved decent conversation Oh ok forget man .. Just entirely forget my previous posts .... Your answers are suggesting that you dont wanna discuss but wanna get so called crackers .. Any ways "Get well Soon" .......

Raj123

U19 Debutant
FRAZ said:
Another Fart out loud incident during a well behaved decent conversation Oh ok forget man .. Just entirely forget my previous posts .... Your answers are suggesting that you dont wanna discuss but wanna get so called crackers .. Any ways "Get well Soon" .......
you and "a well behaved decent conversation" , huh

James

Cricket Web Owner
Watch yourself Raj123 - we won't accept this sort of behaviour! Consider this your 1st warning.

FRAZ

International Captain
Waughney said:
Uncalled for Raj123, stop it.

It's great that they nailed Odumbe but it is a sad moment for Kenyan cricket, the class of their side will drop dramatically as a result.
Indeed . He was (or "is) a good cricketer . Just take an example of S>A . After Cronje , They lost atleast "something" ......
I have said it before and now I am saying it again , Why not we get the root cause for this whole problem . Root cause is to shoot all the people who have given the money ... Alas !

Craig

World Traveller
Why the hell if you were a bookmaker target somebody who plays for Kenya?

In all due respect I would back South Australia or even Derbyshire to beat them (ok maybe not Derbyshire).

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
Why the hell if you were a bookmaker target somebody who plays for Kenya?

In all due respect I would back South Australia or even Derbyshire to beat them (ok maybe not Derbyshire).
Gambling is not only done upon winning or losing . There are also cases for example If a certain player gets out before 10 runs . There are many other examples too ... In Cronje's case , Gibbs was supposed to be out before 10 runs if I am not mistaken . Gibbs threw his bat at every thing just to give catch in the out field but unfortunately his catches were not held and when he passed 10 run mark then he went on to make 60 odd runs ......

Craig

World Traveller
Gibbs actually said he had forgotten about the whole deal.

It was probably because the deal didn't go ahead that Gibbs only got 6 months.

Deja moo

International Captain
Craig said:

Damn these cricketers and their weak short term memories ! ( now if only a catch had been taken , the moolah wouldve been in his pocket)

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:

May be he said that . But I saw the whole case and clips from the same match. Which clearly showed that from the first ball ,Gibbs looked entirely different and out of sorts and he played wa too many "in the air " type of strokes . By the way just get ready for another big scam which is coming up next ... The Ind-Pak series .....

Sehwag309

Banned
FRAZ said:
First off all "I love India". Secondly What I wanted to say was that "In mumbai this Match fixing thing has the headquarters" . Right or Wrong? So If these criminals have some sort of Links and Citizenships of India then INdian Authorities should wipe out all the Illegal gamblers and fixers .... Dont get me wrong man . Plzzzzz for god sake ..............
Yes, it's true. But money takes care of everything, and small bookies get away easily.
Just enter the Bar of a suburban recreation club, and u get to see former players with bookies (businessmen)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
FRAZ said:
Fraz I have to agree with you. I can't understand why they cannot tackle these big time crooks (an Indian mate said to me there was some underworld kingpin guy called Dawood from Mumbai etc etc and others) and deal with it properly.

Maybe its because these big crooks oil the wheels of power, May be !!(so they are looked after by the people in power )

I feel sorry for Kenyan cricket to lose an important player such as Odumbe is a death blow to a small cricketing nation, which needs its heroes to sustain the enthusiasm in cricket.

Afterall, from what I have read, the poor sod only took small change for whatever fixing he was doing, compared to the bigger crooks that exist in the real world.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FRAZ said:
Amazing ....
In all the cases like this one .. India is named in one way or another ..... How come the Indians dont catch those F***ing cricminals, who are spreading this filth all around the world .......
Why don't they catch all the murderers and rapists in India? Same question goes for Australia, USA, England etc.

Match fixing crime is wrong, but catching them is hard, just like any other more serious indictable offence. You can't stop them all unfortunately.

Sehwag309

Banned
JASON said:
Fraz I have to agree with you. I can't understand why they cannot tackle these big time crooks (an Indian mate said to me there was some underworld kingpin guy called Dawood from Mumbai etc etc and others) and deal with it properly.

Maybe its because these big crooks oil the wheels of power, May be !!(so they are looked after by the people in power )

I feel sorry for Kenyan cricket to lose an important player such as Odumbe is a death blow to a small cricketing nation, which needs its heroes to sustain the enthusiasm in cricket.

Afterall, from what I have read, the poor sod only took small change for whatever fixing he was doing, compared to the bigger crooks that exist in the real world.
Dawood, YES..The Crook behind the 93 bombing, was in Dubai and Now is a rich businessman living somewhere in Pakistan

Everybody knows it, Pakistan Denies it, and he has plans to flee from there too seeing the current political situation between the 2 countries

Caught or not, he is involved big time in cricket betting. Match-Fixing,..either by money or force. Harsh Reality