• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Maurice Odumbe banned for 5 years

FRAZ

International Captain
LoL , Ok Blame Pakistan.
Any ways , What ever I said was a reality , A respected fellow of mine , has even blantly tried to put the blame on Fraz . Any ways , God bless us all . The problem is , If the crooks are living in Pakistan , Then the network must have been in Pakistan .And the players must have visited Pakistan , Instead of India.And the investigators , I dont know why made a mistake by not mentioning Pakistan .
If the old test players are part of this underworld Mafia then , They must be caught . They are not underground I guess . Atleast some thing can be done about this plague which is spreading towards other innocent parts of the world.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
just coz someone offers you crack doesnt mean you have to take it !!!!
players are responsible for getting lured, coz they aint kids...
sad for kenya cricket though, I thought the team made close to a million dollars in worldcup, maybe now hes addicted to cash :)

FRAZ

International Captain
But why not catch the person , Who presented crack in the first place. Its just like that a Cab driver finds a purse full with money on the back seat , at the end of shift . How many chances are there that he is gonna find the passenger and give the purse back ! We should all destroy the places where this filth is being manufactured .... I think ICC is also involved in one way or another in it . And the players who are caught can be considered as the media bunnies...

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
ICC cannot go after criminals who are not cricketers, hell they can't even get a chucking issue properly resolved. Only the local police where ever the bookies are can go after such ppl, and I think they really dont give much fock about it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Gibbs actually said he had forgotten about the whole deal.

It was probably because the deal didn't go ahead that Gibbs only got 6 months.
Indeed it is - we can only imagine what might have happened had the authorities taken note of first-chance scores. :mellow:
Herschelle mightn't be playing ATM...
Having read a few reports on the game I have to cast extreme doubt on whether he really had "forgotten" about the deal.
However, I can understand why he felt the pressure to take the money - no-one has yet doubted those circumstances.