• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ricky Ponting Interview

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Awesome interview mate. He gave very good clear answers. Certainly makes me happier.

Cheers from a Ponting fan.:)

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
"The last thing we want in this team now is to have McGrath, Warne, Lehmann, Hayden, possibly Gilchrist, possibly Martyn, those sort of guys all going out of the side at one time and leaving a big hole there"

does anyone think they wont rebuild properly and the aussie team will wind up like the windies at the moment somewhere down the line?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It is possible - and another possible problem could hit India if they're not careful.

Fortunately for England, Nasser went at that moment - allowing a younger player to come in.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
It is possible - and another possible problem could hit India if they're not careful.

Fortunately for England, Nasser went at that moment - allowing a younger player to come in.
i think india has quite a bit of young talent still in there team, say by 2007, irfan, yuvraj, sehwag, balaji, kaif and nehra are still playing in the squad, with maybe wonderboy dinesh karthik in the 11 as well keeping wickets. out of the big four batsmen (SRT, dravid, VVS, SCG) i see SCG retiring before then, SRT would probably continue and dravid may still be there.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I guess the only worry India have would be all 4 going in the space of say 12 months.

They need to hope that players fade in turn - maybe a run of defeats may lead to Ganguly's removal as captain (and then the team in quick succession)

That brings Yuvraj into the middle order and a proper opener, and then the rebuilding process has started...