• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do Australians get special treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre

International Regular
Scallywag said:
Well Andre I'm willing to look at evidence of a cover up but it seems the only evidence you have is that they are Australians. What was covered up, the ICC were informed of the situation. Put proof of the cover up here because I wont just take your word for it.
Well mate, hate to spoil the party but I am Australian. But you're right - I cleary know nothing, like the rest of us Aussies apart from you, hey?

Get over this 'I'm Australian, I'm victimised' theory of yours. There are a lot of Australians here, most very well respected, and they certainly aren't discriminated against.

As for evidence: http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/1998/DEC/AUS_SCANDAL_08DEC1998.html - I think that is fairly conclusive, don't you?

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_dat...NEWS/1998/DEC/CMJ_ON_ACB_COVER_10DEC1998.html - further reading and proof.

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/1998/DEC/BECCA_COLUMN_15DEC1998.html - the most interesting and compelling read of them all.

Any more evidence required? I'll be only too happy to oblige. It would be un-Australian of me if I didn't.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scallywag said:
I notice that you were very quite when others post baseless insults Neil but then allways jump in when its an Aussie.

Marc is full of $hit and hides like a little girl behind the Administative skirt.
Oh well said. Such maturity. I'd be less provocative if were you.

Scallywag

Banned
Andre if I produce three headlines saying Murali throws would that be evidence he throws, no it would'nt I'm sure you would agree.

The way the investigation was handled and the way the handling of the report on the investigation are two seperate matters. Providing links to how the handling of the report was not released to the media as evidence that the investigation was covered up is a bit thin.

Please read earlier posts where it was aknowleged that the report was kept secret.

Scallywag

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Oh well said. Such maturity. I'd be less provocative if were you.
Listen mister mini **** I'm sick of cricket staff members sticking their nose into threads for no reason other than to puff up their chest and threaten posters or to make some lame comment with the intent to incite, so **** off.

Andre

International Regular
Scallywag said:
Andre if I produce three headlines saying Murali throws would that be evidence he throws, no it would'nt I'm sure you would agree.

The way the investigation was handled and the way the handling of the report on the investigation are two seperate matters. Providing links to how the handling of the report was not released to the media as evidence that the investigation was covered up is a bit thin.

Please read earlier posts where it was aknowleged that the report was kept secret.
Produce 3 headlines if you like - but the truth is they won't be based on fact as only the doosra has been proven illegal.

All I can do is provide you with the cold hard facts about the bookie scandal - if you don't want to acknowledge what's gone on, that's too bad. You can't help the helpless. You claim that there was no problem because the ICC and ACB knew of the problem in 1995, but that completely and utterly ignores the fact that it should never have been hidden from the public and swept under the carpet like it was. We deserved to know, and it was only going to be uglier once we found out through other means - which is exactly what happened.

That said, you seem to like sweeping things under the carpet such as facts, so I don't imagine you would see a problem with what happened.

What I do find increasingly interesting, however, is how you claim that the Sri Lankans are so bad for playing the victim with Murali, yet you are the first to go down for attention when something doesn't go your way? What colour was that kettle again?!

Well, clearly the sampled evidence doesn't suffice for you...I hasten to add that you more than likely will not accept any wrongdoing, despite the fact that everyone else has - including the ACB, how have been very professional in their practices since then.

Oh, and I've read your past posts. They seem to contradict each other and they all have a common theme of the stubborness that you continue to show in never accepting you are wrong with anything. That's unfortunate, because until you learn to say 'Sorry, I was wrong', you won't be moving too far forward.

Andre

International Regular
Scallywag said:
Listen mister mini **** I'm sick of cricket staff members sticking their nose into threads for no reason other than to puff up their chest and threaten posters or to make some lame comment with the intent to incite, so **** off.
Consider this your first warning. Abuse of our forum members will not be tolerated.

Andre

International Regular
Scallywag said:
You mean you can dish it out but you cant take it.
Quite frankly, staff members have just as much right to post in discussion as you do. If you think them having their say is 'puffing their chest out', then they puff their chest out no further than you do.

It's not your decision to decide was is abusive - Marcs post certainly doesn't fall into the malicious category, which I feel yours does. We have a responsability to ensure the forums remain an attractive area to discuss things. When people refuse to take part in discussion, there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.