• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most damaging one day players

deeps

International 12th Man
If a batsman was going to face 100 deliveries,and was not going to be dismissed..who would u NOT want it to be (bear in mind,the batsman does not know he can survive 100 deliviries)

my picks would be Adam Gilchrist,Shahid Afridi and probably Lance Klusener

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Sehwag and Andrew Symonds, in addition to the 3 you have already mentioned.

Edited to add: Jayasuriya, Flintoff, Cairns

But most top order bats, if they were to slog at everything (and not be dismissed) would score very quickly.

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
Current Kluesner? U really think so

Also, Gilly is the best amongst all, he wont give away his wicket early

Sehwag--> once he gets in, yes, very dangerous

Afridi-->He knows he can play well, but is too generous to offer his wicket pretty early

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Gilchrist, Sehwag, Cairns, Afridi when hes in form but otherwise hell hit a six and get out, Flintoff

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Very well pointed-out.
I agree as well, so this would be an unfair comparision..
Cos if Tendulkar or Lara (even Dravid, his 50 in TVS Cup) started going after the bowlers from ball 1 and lasted a 100 balls, they would do a lot better than Afridi, Klusener, Razaq etc and would definitle be far far better to watch !!

In normal circumstances though, Sehwag and Gilchrist win hands-down !!

FRAZ

International Captain
For sure Afridi and thats about it .
Has any one saw the double wicket compitition. Afridi and Wasim's team has won more compititions than any other team . And actually this team has only lost one final against Shoaib Malik and AbdulRazzak team....
Hey, this thread is not about sloggers or I mean the thread starter only asked a simple question and the answer is definately Afridi ......No ones even close...
Jaya suria ( I wanna laugh at th guy who mentioned him ).... He is old now!!!!! c'mon

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Jayasuriya was man of the series of the Asia Cup. (293 runs, Ave 73.25, SR 91.84)
Age has nothing to do with it.

Reading the first post again (bear in mind,the batsman does not know he can survive 100 deliviries), I suppose it is limited to the batsmen who would slog from the outset of their innings...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The trouble with Afridi is that if he faces 100 balls, that's not an innings - it's a season (and that includes first-class games).

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
This thread is dumb. So the batsman has 100% chance without knowing it, that he can survive 100 deliveries?

First of all, that depends on situation. Obviously. Anyone might bat defensively if it was the way to go in the match.

And what if they did know they couldn't be dismissed? What if they DID slog literally every ball, and run off them. Surely that would endanger their batting partner, ie getting run out.

Also this does not take into account bowling tactics. The batsman might not get OUT, but what happens if he was knocked OUT? OK, that last example was a bit weird, but there are too many variables and the situation would never happen and doesn't make enough sense to answer.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
The trouble with Afridi is that if he faces 100 balls, that's not an innings - it's a season (and that includes first-class games).
Very well said :lol: