• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers who Smoke ?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
In my previous school but one (given that my most recent school is now not my present one) our year consisted of 72 pupils at the end of the 4 years (after about 20 drop-outs down the years). By my count there were 10 non-smokers in June 2002, when we left.
That is terrifying. And 4 of them were my only close friends in the entire place, two girls with some sense, the rest were all people who were going for careers as pro. outfield footballers.
So far, the only one to make it is Martin Rice, a goalkeeper.
And we all know that goalkeepers can get away with it... as far as football's concerned.
Ricey's a hell of a good prospect in my books. Scares me occasionally when the ball's crossed in, but a top shot-stopper.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I know Rob Key smokes and he didn't look too knackered after his 221 and after he's ran a few quick singles.
thats quite hard being a tubby , smoking , drinking and still managing to surive through to 221 at test level..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Ricey's a hell of a good prospect in my books. Scares me occasionally when the ball's crossed in, but a top shot-stopper.
Hell, yeah, he always has been - I thought he might make it to the pro level as soon as I got to know him.
Nice to know all that training we did on those cold, damp Tuesday afternoons has paid some dividends for someone. :dry:
So far, though, no-one else from Priory has made it as a pro.

Craig

World Traveller
That is just outragous.

Anybody who is giving kids smokes when they are the age of 6 need their head checked out and be fined a very very large amount of money.