• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers who Smoke ?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
No, not sad at all, I've never tried one of the things and I'm proud of it. 19 in 24 days time. Never planning to, either.
It might be amazing how few cricketers are smokers, but I'm still gutted at how many are. Especially given that top-class sport should be fit man's game.
I had my first cigarette just after I turned 19. Never say never. While I never took it up full time, I did give in to peer pressure, and became one of those social smokers, even though I hated the smell and taste.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Must have been 8 or 9 times when people have tried to persuade me to.
Even after a drink or 8 I've always managed to resist so far. And I hope I will continue to do so. Even though the old "social smoking" doesn't often do anyone any harm.

Craig

World Traveller
It is also a good idea to always keep a lighter with you just in case somebody asks for one.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
It is also a good idea to always keep a lighter with you just in case somebody asks for one.
That is so very true. The lighter has served me very well on a few occasions. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Lighters are useful things but I'd still never touch fags if you paid me for it.

Craig

World Traveller
Neither would I - most people know I cycle so you can see why clear lungs are important.

I did find it weird that Benson and Hedges would sponsor English (and in Australia) cricket when the whole objective is to get people to play cricket for fun, fitness etc. and not smoke.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
i have smoked it...but they give a little more smell.... and its not crisp enough...mayfair is pretty cheap and good...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How ridiculous is it that fags are being discussed on here?
For all intents and purposes they're all as bad as each other, and the sooner anyone who doesn't realise that realises it the better for them and society as a whole.

Deja moo

International Captain
Dont smoke you losers ! ( Sorry if that offends you , please continue poisoning the air for the rest of us )