• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers who Smoke ?

Swervy

International Captain
Swervy said:
sorry ..you have lost me there ( iwas only kidding about the ladies having gaseous emissions)
that said, I bet you at least one of them does have a wind problem, just by the law of averages :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
JASON said:
I can't believe this rubbish, has become a thread and exists !!

May be someone can start one on Cricketers who fart or cricketers who burp maybe !! :D
Except that there is a rather large difference in that it is only too well known that smoking is a very stupid thing to do and extremely dangerous, while farting or burping is totally unimportant and matters not in the slightest.
A few of these ones I knew about before but it is rather gutting to find-out that there are so many I was unaware of!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Except that there is a rather large difference in that it is only too well known that smoking is a very stupid thing to do and extremely dangerous, while farting or burping is totally unimportant and matters not in the slightest.
... unless you smoke farts.

That's pretty dangerous (and there's a few wicket-keepers I've stood next to in the slips whose farts you could sew a button on to, let alone just smoke, they were so thick).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, you have my utmost sympathies in this occurrance.
But there are exceptions to every rule. :mellow:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Amazing how few cricketers are smokers, considering about 50% of adults do it.. (here they do anyway)

Personally, trying to be one of the only people I know who have got to their eighteenth without even trying one... Sad eh?

FRAZ

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
I don't see how it is racist. The South African test cricketers were caught doing it and everyone knows there's some good 'stuff' in the West Indies.
You know what !!!!! May be I said it differently ... I quoted that " Since the late 80's untill now , The per person drug usage , has increased by atleast 300% in the Windies " . And the West Indian cricket performance has also significantly declined since then by atleast 300% ( the win-loss ratio) . So some thing must be related to some thing ""
I said it humourously but I was told that "its like verbly abusing a whole race or nation" .
It was I guess about 6 months ago . I respect the guys here . But staff members especially "mr Andre" told me that its my last warning ... Without even getting the essence of my post .

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Rod Marsh, David Boon, Michael Slater, and I think Allan Border but I am not sure, Colin Miller, Graham Lloyd, and I believe John Crawley are all smokers.

However, Stephen Fleming, Doin Nash, Matt Hart, Andre Nel, Herschelle Gibbs were all busted for smoking the stuff Marc claims Liam smokes.

Deja moo

International Captain
Merv Hughes ran up to bowl , stopped at the non strikers end and let one rip. Hansie was clutching at his stomach laughing....thats what Hughes himself said in an interview.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Amazing how few cricketers are smokers, considering about 50% of adults do it.. (here they do anyway)

Personally, trying to be one of the only people I know who have got to their eighteenth without even trying one... Sad eh?
No, not sad at all, I've never tried one of the things and I'm proud of it. 19 in 24 days time. Never planning to, either.
It might be amazing how few cricketers are smokers, but I'm still gutted at how many are. Especially given that top-class sport should be fit man's game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Rod Marsh, David Boon, Michael Slater, and I think Allan Border but I am not sure, Colin Miller, Graham Lloyd, and I believe John Crawley are all smokers.

However, Stephen Fleming, Doin Nash, Matt Hart, Andre Nel, Herschelle Gibbs were all busted for smoking the stuff Marc claims Liam smokes.
Athers said in his autobiography that Crawley got through loads of B&Hs while waiting for a particularly difficult innings to commence, so I'm guessing you're right. He said something about Lloyd stubbing-out his fag when Fairbrother said he was next in, too.
I hope that none of the spliffers are actually full-time faggers, though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Deja moo said:
Merv Hughes ran up to bowl , stopped at the non strikers end and let one rip. Hansie was clutching at his stomach laughing....thats what Hughes himself said in an interview.
Harold (Dickie Bird) mentioned something about that in his autobiography.
Hilarious, unlike being on 40 fags a day.