• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Flintoff number 1?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Scallywag said:
Its only you marc that wont accept that Lehman is an allrounder.
It looks closer to being only you who thinks that he is an allrounder... that or a reflection of the fact that Australia haven't had an allrounder worthy of the name since, ooh, before I can remember. Keith Miller?

Lehmann's Bowling
Tests 20, Overs 123.2. Overs per game: 6.18
ODIs 105, Overs 242.2. Overs per game: 2.31
FC 239, Overs 1150.1. Overs per game: 4.81
ListA 321, Overs 779.4. Overs per game: 2.43

If he's an allrounder, so was Graham Gooch
Tests 118, Overs 442.3. Overs per game 3.75
ODIs 125, Overs 344.2. Overs per game 2.75
FC 581, Overs 3130.5. Overs per game 5.39
ListA 614, Overs 2384.4. Overs per game 3.88

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
It looks closer to being only you who thinks that he is an allrounder... that or a reflection of the fact that Australia haven't had an allrounder worthy of the name since, ooh, before I can remember. Keith Miller?
And England haven't had a cricketer worthy of the name since......... :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
Oh no it's not - if he were an all rounder he'd be bowling at least 7 overs per ODI and 10-15 per Test innings.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
:lol: common mate, Lehman isn't an allrounder. Can he get into the Australian side on his bowling alone ??

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
The subject of this thread looks pretty good to me.
haha, I knew that would get a bite. Present players excluded of course, and anyone who's currently in form (Disclaimer: I consider someone who's currently in form to be anyone who's even managed to pass themselves off as a cricketer for one match in the last 6 years).

Scallywag

Banned
Gooch gave away 42 runs per wicket which is where most part time bowlers hover, do you know why Lehmann only gives away 25 runs per wicket. Lehmann takes wickets to win matches and Gooch bowled to use up overs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
Gooch gave away 42 runs per wicket which is where most part time bowlers hover, do you know why Lehmann only gives away 25 runs per wicket.

Yes, he only ever bowls in helpful conditions because he's a part-timer and isn't used in all conditions, hence he's not an all rounder.