• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is the pressure getting to sachin?

is the pressure getting to sachin?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
biased indian said:
Linda as far as i think no one is perfect. but some are close to being perfect and sachin is one of them.
No-one ever comes close to being perfect, it's not human nature.
Sachin comes a bit closer than others but cricketing perfection would be to hit every ball you face for six. In every game you ever play, at any level.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Both Asia Cup games, Pakistan one and the final i agree Sachin got out at bad times and i too was disappointed he played for the bonus point BUT you have to look at the situation. Botht imes he was let down by the other batsmen, none of them contributed at all. This meant Sachin had to do it on his own, batting with the bowlers. For Sachin to play his shots and go all out for victory he needs a batsmen at the other end. One could even argue its not Sachin that choked, it was the rest of the team for not supporting him.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Not another Sachin Bashing thread !!!
Some people will never be happy...
Also I agree with what Sudeep said in his first post:
NO. The expectations are getting to the fans.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
hyounis786 said:
we saw sachin in the asia cup, almost bottling it under pressure and i was disgraced to see such a batsman going for a bonus point rather than a win.in my eyes that is not good for cricket.anyway what do u guys think, is the pressure getting to sachin, is age beating him?
You are just mad@Sachin because it was his slow knock against Pakistan that led India to 240 and later knocked Pakistan outta Asia Cup. :D

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
Mid Life ????? or mid Wife ? Are You sure that he is gonna live for 60 Years . Simple if he is bad ,Should pull him out . If he is good he should be playing . Whats that mid life thing is all about . I think thats the problem in some coutries . Like a bowler Kapil Dev had to play 155 tests just to break the record of 431 wickets . Waoh , What a country . and a bowler who was better than Kapil dev atleast 100 times ( Chetan Sharma), was fired from the team and was physically and emotionaly attacked many a times , just because of being hit for a six on a last ball . Waoh amazing . The problem is discussing cricket and discussing positively , without making a fairytale out of it .
Tendulkar is the world's best batsman but subject to the pitch conditions . And he should be playing for atleast 1 or 2 more world cups . The end ...
:laugh: :yawn: :tongue: :notworthy :yucky:

I request the moderator of this forum to leave this post of Fraz as it is. This just proves the kind of a Liar and ignorant he is. He has no regard for facts and has made up baseless stories. Some Gems :-

1. Chetan Sharma was a better bowler than Kapildev(100 times)
2. Kapildev 155 tests to take 431 wickets (to Break Sir Headlee's WR)
3. Chetan Sharma was physically attacked that too many times (because Miandad hit a 6 off his last ball)
4. Chetan Sharma was emotionally attacked (how do you attack someone emotionally)
5. He makes a sweeping statement about India 'What a country'

After making all the the above statements he ends his post with :- "Discussing Cricket and discussing positively".

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Now coming back to the discussion, Sachin was so bad in Asia cup that he scored 250+ runs at an avg of 50+ was the highest scorer for India and 3rd or 4th highest corer in the series. Had India won the Asia Cup Sachin would have been the MOM and MOS both. But I guess nothing is enough for some people.

IMO, most of the time it's either the jealousy or ignorance which leads to such bashing.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
Now coming back to the discussion, Sachin was so bad in Asia cup that he scored 250+ runs at an avg of 50+ was the highest scorer for India and 3rd or 4th highest corer in the series. Had India won the Asia Cup Sachin would have been the MOM and MOS both. But I guess nothing is enough for some people.

IMO, most of the time it's either the jealousy or ignorance which leads to such bashing.
Neither of those as much as over-expectations...

Raj123

U19 Debutant
confirmation of what some of us beleive...

"........asked about Sachin Tendulkar's rather sedate batting in the recent times, Ganguly said, "Yes, the team management has asked Sachin to phase his innings according to the situation of the match as both Virender Sehwag and Sachin are attacking batsmen. It is better one of them slow down and try to play the full 50 overs." ........"

http://sify.com/sports/cricket/fullstory.php?id=13545620

Bas

Cricket Spectator
2 things about the mature Tendulkar.

In Tests, he has become an accumulatior rather than a blaster. He has taken the pull and hook out of his repetoire and is happy to just take ones and twos. Which isn't really a problem, as long as he doesn't get too bogged down.

And for those who says he bottles and doesn't take India to victory when needed. Yes this does appear to be the case. But I don't think it is his fault. There is a certain mentality in the Indian ODI team that says that if Sachin is doing well, then none of us need to bother trying. So Sachin is left stranded with an unrealistic task on his hands. Remember the recent ODI against Pakistan, when he got 140-odd but got out late on? The guy opened for god's sake. And he was expected to play finisher as well? The rest of the side let him down and made it possible for his detractors to say he choked.
And though one of the many great achievements by Ganguly as captain has been to wear down this attitude, some trace of it remains.

Compare him with Dravid, IMO the best batsman in the world. He has a phenomenal record of steering India to victory. But on each occasion, he has had someone to support him - be it laxman, yuvraj or someone else. Another batsman has always been there to help him. Tendulkar rarely gets that kind of support and so he finds it much more difficult to win games single-handedly.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
How come you're all bashing Tendulkar? Okay, he's not setting the world alight like he has in the past, but that doesn't mean he is past his best. No-one can score a hundred in every game they play, and just because you say Sachin didn't perform like he should have in the Asia Cup doesn't suddenly make him a worse player.

Swervy

International Captain
steds said:
How come you're all bashing Tendulkar? Okay, he's not setting the world alight like he has in the past, but that doesn't mean he is past his best. No-one can score a hundred in every game they play, and just because you say Sachin didn't perform like he should have in the Asia Cup doesn't suddenly make him a worse player.
i think this is a question that many of us are wondering about as well :D

masterblaster

International Captain
Its painfully obvious that some people over here (and some so called experts) would not have a clue about Indian Cricket, Cricket in general or Sachin Tendulkar's game.