• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

is the pressure getting to sachin?

is the pressure getting to sachin?

• Total voters

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
we saw sachin in the asia cup, almost bottling it under pressure and i was disgraced to see such a batsman going for a bonus point rather than a win.in my eyes that is not good for cricket.anyway what do u guys think, is the pressure getting to sachin, is age beating him?

masterblaster

International Captain
Well after 15 years of top level International Cricket, and after all that he has been through, how can you say that the pressure is 'getting' to him?

He's lived with pressure all his life, and if anything he's getting better at handling pressure. The old Tendulkar would've said 'bugger that' and gone for a full assault with the skyward shots, but he most probably would've gotten out with that strategy. The new Tendulkar is more smarter, more cautious and I don't think the pressure is 'getting' to him.

After 114 tests, 9470 runs, 33 centuries, 37 half centuries, an average of 57.39
After 339 ODI games, 13,415 runs, 37 centuries, 69 half centuries, an average of 45.01

how on earth can you say the pressure is getting to him?

Im amazed to find that some people are never happy.

You play for 15 years for your country, come back with those types of figures and achievements, and then we can talk about pressure.

hyounis786

Cricket Spectator
woahhh....dont get me wrong hes a top world class player and one of the best in the history of the game without a doubt, his stats show it all...but recently he hasnt been up to it...hes definately not the player he used to be

Sudeep

International Captain
hyounis786 said:
woahhh....dont get me wrong hes a top world class player and one of the best in the history of the game without a doubt, his stats show it all...but recently he hasnt been up to it...hes definately not the player he used to be
Yes, but that does not necessarily mean that he's a lesser player than what he used to be, he's just different now. 8-)

FRAZ

International Captain
Deja moo said:
He's having a cricketers mid-life crisis.
Mid Life ????? or mid Wife ? Are You sure that he is gonna live for 60 Years . Simple if he is bad ,Should pull him out . If he is good he should be playing . Whats that mid life thing is all about . I think thats the problem in some coutries . Like a bowler Kapil Dev had to play 155 tests just to break the record of 431 wickets . Waoh , What a country . and a bowler who was better than Kapil dev atleast 100 times ( Chetan Sharma), was fired from the team and was physically and emotionaly attacked many a times , just because of being hit for a six on a last ball . Waoh amazing . The problem is discussing cricket and discussing positively , without making a fairytale out of it .
Tendulkar is the world's best batsman but subject to the pitch conditions . And he should be playing for atleast 1 or 2 more world cups . The end ...

Deja moo

International Captain
I said cricketers mid life crisis , not just a mid life crisis.

He seems to be at a point where he cannot make up his mind whether he should go for his shots or stay at the crease till the end of the innings .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he honestly wants to do better in Test Cricket. While his old style was perfect for ODIs, when he would go for it in the first 15 and then settle down to put up a huge score, he got out a lot of times in the 150s in test cricket. He simply never took a fresh guard, figuratively speaking. Maybe now, he is playing more cautiously juz to help him find the big runs in test cricket. But I don't think he should allow it to adversely affect his one day game. It is probably asking for a bit too much, but I would like the new Sachin in tests and the old Sachin in the ODIs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
masterblaster said:
Well after 15 years of top level International Cricket, and after all that he has been through, how can you say that the pressure is 'getting' to him?

He's lived with pressure all his life, and if anything he's getting better at handling pressure. The old Tendulkar would've said 'bugger that' and gone for a full assault with the skyward shots, but he most probably would've gotten out with that strategy. The new Tendulkar is more smarter, more cautious and I don't think the pressure is 'getting' to him.

After 114 tests, 9470 runs, 33 centuries, 37 half centuries, an average of 57.39
After 339 ODI games, 13,415 runs, 37 centuries, 69 half centuries, an average of 45.01

how on earth can you say the pressure is getting to him?

Im amazed to find that some people are never happy.

You play for 15 years for your country, come back with those types of figures and achievements, and then we can talk about pressure.
I think a more accurate summary would be that Tendulkar doesn't feel it as pressure the way some others might.
I also think the bonus-point system is a ludicrous idea.
But I very much agree that Tendulkar can hardly be bagged after all he's achieved, and all he still has scope to achieve.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Why would the pressure suddenly be getting to him? :blink: Whats changed?
All I would think has happened is everybody has realised hes not perfect.

biased indian

International Coach
Linda as far as i think no one is perfect. but some are close to being perfect and sachin is one of them.

and if i am right he was the leading scorer fro india in ASIA CUP.ya he is not that attacking these days thats one thing that i would like him to do more

Sudeep

International Captain
Deja moo said:
I said cricketers mid life crisis , not just a mid life crisis.

He seems to be at a point where he cannot make up his mind whether he should go for his shots or stay at the crease till the end of the innings .
That doesn't seem to be true. Actually from what I've read in the past few months, it's a concious decision he's taken to play like he has been playing recently.

Sudeep

International Captain
Nikhil4eva said:
ya, he is getting better with the bowl and worse with the bat
Tendulkar has always been good with the ball. Actually I find it quite surprising he hasn't been used as much by Ganguly as his predecessors.

a massive zebra

International Captain
I don't think the pressure is getting to Sachin. If it is getting to him now why did it not in the past?

I think the reason for Tendulkar's lack of reliabilty over the last couple of years is his age. He is getting on in life and may be past his best. Simple.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
hyounis786 said:
we saw sachin in the asia cup, almost bottling it under pressure and i was disgraced to see such a batsman going for a bonus point rather than a win.in my eyes that is not good for cricket.anyway what do u guys think, is the pressure getting to sachin, is age beating him?
Oh the old bonus point again 8-)

How can masterminding a run chase so that the side get to the target they requie to reach the final be a bad thing?

Rules are there to be exploited.