View Poll Results: is the pressure getting to sachin?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 30.43%
  • no

13 56.52%
  • dont know

3 13.04%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is the pressure getting to sachin?

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Linda as far as i think no one is perfect. but some are close to being perfect and sachin is one of them.

and if i am right he was the leading scorer fro india in ASIA CUP.ya he is not that attacking these days thats one thing that i would like him to do more
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    I said cricketers mid life crisis , not just a mid life crisis.

He seems to be at a point where he cannot make up his mind whether he should go for his shots or stay at the crease till the end of the innings .
    That doesn't seem to be true. Actually from what I've read in the past few months, it's a concious decision he's taken to play like he has been playing recently.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil4eva
    ya, he is getting better with the bowl and worse with the bat
    Tendulkar has always been good with the ball. Actually I find it quite surprising he hasn't been used as much by Ganguly as his predecessors.

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    I don't think the pressure is getting to Sachin. If it is getting to him now why did it not in the past?

I think the reason for Tendulkar's lack of reliabilty over the last couple of years is his age. He is getting on in life and may be past his best. Simple.
    THE ULTIMATE CRICKET WEB ARCADE EGGS CHAMPION

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1990-2006
    RIP Craig Walsh (AKA "Craig"), 1985-2012

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hyounis786
    we saw sachin in the asia cup, almost bottling it under pressure and i was disgraced to see such a batsman going for a bonus point rather than a win.in my eyes that is not good for cricket.anyway what do u guys think, is the pressure getting to sachin, is age beating him?
    Oh the old bonus point again

How can masterminding a run chase so that the side get to the target they requie to reach the final be a bad thing?

Rules are there to be exploited.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian
    Linda as far as i think no one is perfect. but some are close to being perfect and sachin is one of them.
    No-one ever comes close to being perfect, it's not human nature.
    Sachin comes a bit closer than others but cricketing perfection would be to hit every ball you face for six. In every game you ever play, at any level.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Dar
    Both Asia Cup games, Pakistan one and the final i agree Sachin got out at bad times and i too was disappointed he played for the bonus point BUT you have to look at the situation. Botht imes he was let down by the other batsmen, none of them contributed at all. This meant Sachin had to do it on his own, batting with the bowlers. For Sachin to play his shots and go all out for victory he needs a batsmen at the other end. One could even argue its not Sachin that choked, it was the rest of the team for not supporting him.

Not another Sachin Bashing thread !!!
    Some people will never be happy...
    Also I agree with what Sudeep said in his first post:
    NO. The expectations are getting to the fans.
    India to be No.1 someday soon !! :)

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by hyounis786
    we saw sachin in the asia cup, almost bottling it under pressure and i was disgraced to see such a batsman going for a bonus point rather than a win.in my eyes that is not good for cricket.anyway what do u guys think, is the pressure getting to sachin, is age beating him?
    You are just mad@Sachin because it was his slow knock against Pakistan that led India to 240 and later knocked Pakistan outta Asia Cup.

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ
    Mid Life ????? or mid Wife ? Are You sure that he is gonna live for 60 Years . Simple if he is bad ,Should pull him out . If he is good he should be playing . Whats that mid life thing is all about . I think thats the problem in some coutries . Like a bowler Kapil Dev had to play 155 tests just to break the record of 431 wickets . Waoh , What a country . and a bowler who was better than Kapil dev atleast 100 times ( Chetan Sharma), was fired from the team and was physically and emotionaly attacked many a times , just because of being hit for a six on a last ball . Waoh amazing . The problem is discussing cricket and discussing positively , without making a fairytale out of it .
    Tendulkar is the world's best batsman but subject to the pitch conditions . And he should be playing for atleast 1 or 2 more world cups . The end ...

I request the moderator of this forum to leave this post of Fraz as it is. This just proves the kind of a Liar and ignorant he is. He has no regard for facts and has made up baseless stories. Some Gems :-

1. Chetan Sharma was a better bowler than Kapildev(100 times)
    2. Kapildev 155 tests to take 431 wickets (to Break Sir Headlee's WR)
    3. Chetan Sharma was physically attacked that too many times (because Miandad hit a 6 off his last ball)
    4. Chetan Sharma was emotionally attacked (how do you attack someone emotionally)
    5. He makes a sweeping statement about India 'What a country'

After making all the the above statements he ends his post with :- "Discussing Cricket and discussing positively".

Now coming back to the discussion, Sachin was so bad in Asia cup that he scored 250+ runs at an avg of 50+ was the highest scorer for India and 3rd or 4th highest corer in the series. Had India won the Asia Cup Sachin would have been the MOM and MOS both. But I guess nothing is enough for some people.

IMO, most of the time it's either the jealousy or ignorance which leads to such bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Now coming back to the discussion, Sachin was so bad in Asia cup that he scored 250+ runs at an avg of 50+ was the highest scorer for India and 3rd or 4th highest corer in the series. Had India won the Asia Cup Sachin would have been the MOM and MOS both. But I guess nothing is enough for some people.

IMO, most of the time it's either the jealousy or ignorance which leads to such bashing.
    Neither of those as much as over-expectations...

U19 Debutant
    confirmation of what some of us beleive...

"........asked about Sachin Tendulkar's rather sedate batting in the recent times, Ganguly said, "Yes, the team management has asked Sachin to phase his innings according to the situation of the match as both Virender Sehwag and Sachin are attacking batsmen. It is better one of them slow down and try to play the full 50 overs." ........"

http://sify.com/sports/cricket/fulls...hp?id=13545620

Bas
    Cricket Spectator
    2 things about the mature Tendulkar.

In Tests, he has become an accumulatior rather than a blaster. He has taken the pull and hook out of his repetoire and is happy to just take ones and twos. Which isn't really a problem, as long as he doesn't get too bogged down.

And for those who says he bottles and doesn't take India to victory when needed. Yes this does appear to be the case. But I don't think it is his fault. There is a certain mentality in the Indian ODI team that says that if Sachin is doing well, then none of us need to bother trying. So Sachin is left stranded with an unrealistic task on his hands. Remember the recent ODI against Pakistan, when he got 140-odd but got out late on? The guy opened for god's sake. And he was expected to play finisher as well? The rest of the side let him down and made it possible for his detractors to say he choked.
    And though one of the many great achievements by Ganguly as captain has been to wear down this attitude, some trace of it remains.

Compare him with Dravid, IMO the best batsman in the world. He has a phenomenal record of steering India to victory. But on each occasion, he has had someone to support him - be it laxman, yuvraj or someone else. Another batsman has always been there to help him. Tendulkar rarely gets that kind of support and so he finds it much more difficult to win games single-handedly.

Breakout Champion!
    How come you're all bashing Tendulkar? Okay, he's not setting the world alight like he has in the past, but that doesn't mean he is past his best. No-one can score a hundred in every game they play, and just because you say Sachin didn't perform like he should have in the Asia Cup doesn't suddenly make him a worse player.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information