Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Good Fielding...

  1. #1
    First Class Debutant nookie_lk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Colombo (RoCks)
    Posts
    869

    Good Fielding...

    Which team is currently the best fielding side and who are the best fielders in current and past cricket. Also who is the crapiest fielders in the world.

    for me the best ever fielders i know is ofcourse Rhodes, Gibbs, and Roshan Mahanama. currently.. definitely Ponting and Atapattu

    Crapiest fielder (ever) definitely is Nuwan Zoyza
    - This is Your Life...Are You Who You Want to Be -

  2. #2
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by nookie_lk
    Which team is currently the best fielding side and who are the best fielders in current and past cricket. Also who is the crapiest fielders in the world.

    for me the best ever fielders i know is ofcourse Rhodes, Gibbs, and Roshan Mahanama. currently.. definitely Ponting and Atapattu

    Crapiest fielder (ever) definitely is Nuwan Zoyza
    Rhodes for sure,and pretty much the entire Australian team.

    Some great fielders of the past: Roger Harper, Ian Botham (outstanding slipper who stood about 3 or 4 yards closer to the bat than most and took spectacular catches because of his amazing reflexes),Derek Randall,David Gower before he did his shoulder in, John Dyson (who took one of the greatest catches I have ever seen vs WI in the early 80's)... ihave probably forgotten loads

    Too many crap ones to mention
    rave down, hit the ground


    MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

  3. #3
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    My bedroom
    Posts
    331
    BEST: both NZ and aus teams and attapattu

    WORST: zoysa, harbhajjan,
    Best batsman = Rahul Dravid
    Best bowler = Muttiah Muralitharan

  4. #4
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,710
    Best fielding team at the moment is Australia. Thats not being bias because im just stating the facts. Best two fielders in the world are hayden/ponting and they are about equal. Zoysa is terrible, although my guess is the worst would be from a minnow country.


  5. #5
    International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,065
    Out of your typical current players such as Ponting and Gibbs, I find that Yuvraj is excellent currently and so is Kaif. Hamish Marshall isn't too bad. Andrew Symonds is brilliant, infact the entire Australian team is brilliant as already said.

    The worst I can think of have to be Ashish Nehra and Nuwan Zoysa with Sourav Ganguly coming in there too (although Ganguly does have good catching hands).
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)


    "Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

    Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    He's not one of the best fielders but McGrath is outstanding for a deep fielder.

  7. #7
    International Regular shaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    auckland NZ
    Posts
    3,045
    Lou Vincent is another good fielder, except he cannot make the team solely on his good fielding ability.

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    Inzy is the best outfielder in world cricket

    umm Ponting, Symonds, Gibbs & yuvraj at the moment are some of the best

    others that are good - Tendulkar, Attapattu, Hayden, Brett Lee - most of th erest of the Kiwi and Aussie teams. few others from RSA are pretty good too.

    other greats - Taylor, Mark Waugh, Bob simpson, Ian Healy

    Zoysa is probably the worst ive seen, Nehra pretty close behind him
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

  9. #9
    Tim
    Tim is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    7,888
    I'd have to say Nehra.

    Ganguly is fairly poor for someone who should be leading by example.

  10. #10
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,171
    Good ones are Shahid Afridi , Gibbs , Ponting .
    Worst team is Pakistan and overall best IS Newzealand (South Africa is second for sure).
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

  11. #11
    State Vice-Captain viktor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    united states
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master

    Zoysa is probably the worst ive seen, Nehra pretty close behind him
    haven't seen too much of zoysa. but he's worse than nehra??!!!
    thats just not possible my friend. its almost against the laws of physics. NOBODY is worse than Nehra and he will prove all you doubters wrong in the upcoming tournaments!!!

  12. #12
    First Class Debutant nookie_lk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Colombo (RoCks)
    Posts
    869
    how can u forget Upul chandana and T M Dilshan from Sri lanka....

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quite easily - because there are lots and lots who are, for all intents and purposes, equal.
    There are the odd few who are a cut above - Colin Bland (who I'm astounded no-one seems to have mentioned yet, as he was by universal acclaim the Jack Blackham of outfielding), Derek Randall, Jonty Rhodes.
    There are those who have outstanding hands but not much else (Inzamam, Mushtaq Ahmed), those who have good hands and big reach but no athleticism or speed (Hayden, McGrath, Trescothick).
    There are equally many, many who are good, as I say at the start of this post. Many have already been mentioned: Gibbs, Ponting, Lee, Symonds, Marshall, Vincent, Yuvraj Singh, Kaif, Collingwood, Dwayne Smith. There are countless others.
    There are also those who are not so good (Zoysa and Nehra cannot, like it or not, be seperated, they have too much in common). God-knows-how-many others, but there are certanly less than there were 20 years and more ago.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  14. #14
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Quite easily - because there are lots and lots who are, for all intents and purposes, equal.
    There are the odd few who are a cut above - Colin Bland (who I'm astounded no-one seems to have mentioned yet, as he was by universal acclaim the Jack Blackham of outfielding), Derek Randall, Jonty Rhodes.
    There are those who have outstanding hands but not much else (Inzamam, Mushtaq Ahmed), those who have good hands and big reach but no athleticism or speed (Hayden, McGrath, Trescothick).
    There are equally many, many who are good, as I say at the start of this post. Many have already been mentioned: Gibbs, Ponting, Lee, Symonds, Marshall, Vincent, Yuvraj Singh, Kaif, Collingwood, Dwayne Smith. There are countless others.
    There are also those who are not so good (Zoysa and Nehra cannot, like it or not, be seperated, they have too much in common). God-knows-how-many others, but there are certanly less than there were 20 years and more ago.
    not mentioned because probably no-one has actually seen much, if any footage

  15. #15
    First Class Debutant nookie_lk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Colombo (RoCks)
    Posts
    869
    AND hp.requestno = req.requestno
    AND hire.appid = ivw.appid (+)
    AND hire.appid = offer.appid (+)
    AND hire.companyid = ''[[COMPANYID]]''
    AND req.companyid = ''[[COMPANYID]]''

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •