• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gentlemen cricketers

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Make a fool of me Dasa and show posts where I call any player that hasnt been convicted of ball tampering a cheat.
Must I point to your ziollions of posts where you have called MURALI a cheat ??

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
and on the other side of that same coin..i am sure a number of people who support the asian teams would have said it was just a mistake.
It's not about how people feel, it's about how ICC Officials act/react at such incidents. I may feel that Sachin/Dravid were innocent but ICC didn't think that way. On the same note many aussie felt that Warnie was innocent but ICC clearly didn't think that way and to some people that punishment was not enough. The issue here is not necessarily racism or anything but just the inconsistency in punishment and Australian team has gotten away with it more often than anyone else.

And please do not give this thread as an Asian teams Vs. England/Australia spin.

Scallywag

Banned
Sanz said:
It's not about how people feel, it's about how ICC Officials act/react at such incidents. I may feel that Sachin/Dravid were innocent but ICC didn't think that way. On the same note many aussie felt that Warnie was innocent but ICC clearly didn't think that way and to some people that punishment was not enough. The issue here is not necessarily racism or anything but just the inconsistency in punishment and Australian team has gotten away with it more often than anyone else.

And please do not give this thread as an Asian teams Vs. England/Australia spin.
When you look at what happened to Lehman it sort of kills that theory.

Swervy

International Captain
Sanz said:

but there is no doubt that on such matters the people who tend to be supportive of ICC etc are non-Asian supporters...and those who beleive that the ICC are heavily biased in favour of the Aussies tend to support the Asians teams.

Warnie was guilty (and I would defy you to find one person who thinks otherwise) of taking a drug which was outside the ICC's list of acceptable substances..nothing more , nothing less.

Just tell us all where the inconsistancies are because I just dont see them myself

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
When you look at what happened to Lehman it sort of kills that theory.
And when you look at Slater, Mcgrath, Langer, Martyn, Williams etc It kind of proves that this theory does have a point.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
but there is no doubt that on such matters the people who tend to be supportive of ICC etc are non-Asian supporters...and those who beleive that the ICC are heavily biased in favour of the Aussies tend to support the Asians teams.

Warnie was guilty (and I would defy you to find one person who thinks otherwise) of taking a drug which was outside the ICC's list of acceptable substances..nothing more , nothing less.

Just tell us all where the inconsistancies are because I just dont see them myself
Once again, I am not talking about PEOPLE's support to ICC. I am talking about ICC's actions which have been very inconsistent IMO.

Your(or any other Aussie's) feelings on such matters dont really matter to me. what matters to me is weather or not ICC has been consistent when it comes to punishing players for misconduct/cheating/matchfixing etc.

Scallywag

Banned
Sanz said:
And when you look at Slater, Mcgrath, Langer, Martyn, Williams etc It kind of proves that this theory does have a point.
Not really Sanz, those players were treated just the same as Ganguly, Pathan, Dravid, Tendulkar, Sarwan, ect.

Leahman is the odd one out everybodyelse has been treated the same.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Not really Sanz, those players were treated just the same as Ganguly, Pathan, Dravid, Tendulkar, Sarwan, ect.

Leahman is the odd one out everybodyelse has been treated the same.
Please Tell me Slater was fined for outburst in mumbai test or Martyn was fined for calling Pathan 'piece of sh!t' or Mgrath was fined for his outburst against Sarwan, or Langer was fined for 'dislodging' the bails.

These are just the examples which come to mind, I have not tried Googling yet.

Scallywag

Banned
Sanz said:
Please Tell me Slater was fined for outburst in mumbai test or Martyn was fined for calling Pathan 'piece of sh!t' or Mgrath was fined for his outburst against Sarwan, or Langer was fined for 'dislodging' the bails.

Yeah OK Sanz you just gave the names of the only players to get away with something, and its because they are white. And the umpires are trained to be racially selective. Say have you got a clue who the ICC is, and I mean the actual people who you refer to as the ICC.

Swervy

International Captain
Sanz said:
Once again, I am not talking about PEOPLE's support to ICC. I am talking about ICC's actions which have been very inconsistent IMO.

Your(or any other Aussie's) feelings on such matters dont really matter to me. what matters to me is weather or not ICC has been consistent when it comes to punishing players for misconduct/cheating/matchfixing etc.
and in my eyes I dont see any inconsistancies.

can I ask..what do you think the motivation behind so call inconsistancies in punishment etc are?????

Swervy

International Captain
Hit4Six said:
but ball tampering doesnt relaly affect whether they behave like gentlemen on the field tho does it?
ball tampering is only one step down from match fixing in my opinion

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
but neither of those relaly take away from gentlemanly conduct on the field? theyre incidents in themselves and bad ones, but they woudlnt make someone less of a gentlemen?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scallywag said:
Make a fool of me Dasa and show posts where I call any player that hasnt been convicted of ball tampering a cheat.
Erm just as Warne wasn't convicted of drug taking, so SRT and Dravid weren't convicted of ball tampering.

It works both ways.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:

How come you know more about the Langer incident than the Match Referee then?

I find it strange that you know he did it on purpose, yet the match referee with all the camera angles etc. thought that there was no case to answer.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Yeah OK Sanz you just gave the names of the only players to get away with something, and its because they are white. And the umpires are trained to be racially selective. Say have you got a clue who the ICC is, and I mean the actual people who you refer to as the ICC.
Okay, dont put words into my mouth. It's not my fault if Australia is an all-white team. Show me one place where I have said that ICC is racially motivated. When I say ICC, I mean match referees, umpires and ICC executives who hand over punishments.

Swervy

International Captain
Sanz said:
Okay, dont put words into my mouth. It's not my fault if Australia is an all-white team. Show me one place where I have said that ICC is racially motivated. When I say ICC, I mean match referees, umpires and ICC executives who hand over punishments.
erm..the Aussie team isnt all white

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
How come you know more about the Langer incident than the Match Referee then?

I find it strange that you know he did it on purpose, yet the match referee with all the camera angles etc. thought that there was no case to answer.
I dont know that. Match referee has no way of knowing it either than to believe what Langer said. Now had there been another referee Langer's explanation may not have been enough and Langer would have got a fine.

And there is the inconsistency. ICC doesn't follow any rule, it just goes on by match referee's assessment of the situation and the explanation given to him. In stead of leaving the situation in the hands of match refs, ICC should have clear guidelines of what is allowed and what is not on a cricket field.And that is my point.

Swervy

International Captain
Sanz said:
I dont know that. Match referee has no way of knowing it either than to believe what Langer said. Now had there been another referee Langer's explanation may not have been enough and Langer would have got a fine.

And there is the inconsistency. ICC doesn't follow any rule, it just goes on by match referee's assessment of the situation and the explanation given to him. In stead of leaving the situation in the hands of match refs, ICC should have clear guidelines of what is allowed and what is not on a cricket field.And that is my point.
and do you not think the game would then get caught up in allsorts of red-tape...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
erm..the Aussie team isnt all white
Well, all those players I named are. It's not my fault if the non-white members of Aussie team behave responsibly on the field. If Andrew Symonds abuses someone and gets away with it, I will add his name in the list as well.