• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who here believes Aus won't be able to retain the Cup??

OZOZ

Cricket Spectator
Ozoz are still the fav's, even without Waugh's they are a force to reckon with.Why are u guys writing Aus off so soon??

Kimbo

International Debutant
i think there are better teams this time around... ie pakistan, and look how bad aussie were in the tri series... they are now much less of a force. i think they have lost the psychological edge they had in the last couple of years.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I don't think any team should be written off at this stage. It all comes down to 1 day really.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mate the more people that right Australia off the better, they will be the silent team and everyone will get a major shock....

:D :D :D

Kimbo

International Debutant
i'm not writing them off. just saying its a bit more even this time around.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Look what happened last WC during the T'ment when they were written off....

The Aussie Cricket team have a mental edge over any opponent, and they have this ability to switch on when needed....

MrPerko

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia has the capacity to retain the World Cup in the most convincing of fasions....

However, this capacity to win is no stronger than was Pakistan's or South Africa's to win the World Cup 1999.... and look what happened to them.

I agree with Tamara - it's the best team on the day.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
I still rate australia as the fav. They have one of the most complete packages and mentally strong....and most importantly can perform when it matters.

But considering on form and reputation i would say india,pak,SA,nz,sl and eng all have good chances. If indian bowling attack strenthens up a lot then considering the batting line up we got i would put them as challenger number 1.
lets see

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ozoz are still the fav's, even without Waugh's they are a force to reckon with.Why are u guys writing Aus off so soon??
Because they have inflated opinions of how good India are...

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Because they have inflated opinions of how good India are...
some of my country fans disgust me...i have to say i agree with u. we have a long distance to catch aussie ( i mean to win CONSISTENTLY)

Rich2001

International Captain
I would say that Australia will retain the WC, but it will be close as alot of teams have improved alot over the last few years

Only a few months ago Australia were kings of cricket, best team of the 20th century etc, it scary what a few loses here and there can do to your reputation

wahindiawah

Banned
Who the hell was talking about India??

I'm talking about Australia, i'm not trying to degrade them in anyeway, just saying what i feel about their team.

They have recently been struggling badly, without Waugh their batting isn't that strong.Warne is getting old, and Binga has proven to be an expensive bowler in onedayers.They still haven't found an allrounder, and Ponting isn't as good a captain as Steven was.

I do believe that they won't win the cup, whether India wins or not, has nothing to do with it!

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Didn't they beat SA something like 5-1 recently. SA are a very good side. They were beaten by PAK and they had a bad tri-series but the world cup is still a few months away. This AUS team can never be written of because they have so many good players who can almost lift a team with an individual performance.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
They lost to Pakistan because it was their off-season. Still my favourites to win that, after one of the Asians wins the Champions Trophy.