Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who here believes Aus won't be able to retain the Cup??

U19 Cricketer
    rich i hear an echo..hehe
    "We've been doubling sales every 18 months. However, when you start from zero, it takes a long while." -- Stephen Yeo, a marketing director at Windows-terminal manufacturer Wyse, explaining his company's less-than-meteoric rise, to ZDNet UK

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    they can easily lift the worldcup again if they wanted to , its just that steve waugh in would boost the teams morale
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Who the hell was talking about India??

I'm talking about Australia, i'm not trying to degrade them in anyeway, just saying what i feel about their team.

They have recently been struggling badly, without Waugh their batting isn't that strong.Warne is getting old, and Binga has proven to be an expensive bowler in onedayers.They still haven't found an allrounder, and Ponting isn't as good a captain as Steven was.

I do believe that they won't win the cup, whether India wins or not, has nothing to do with it!

State Vice-Captain
    Didn't they beat SA something like 5-1 recently. SA are a very good side. They were beaten by PAK and they had a bad tri-series but the world cup is still a few months away. This AUS team can never be written of because they have so many good players who can almost lift a team with an individual performance.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    They lost to Pakistan because it was their off-season. Still my favourites to win that, after one of the Asians wins the Champions Trophy.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

LOL!

They lost to Pak coz they were outplayed by Akhter, not coz of offseason or so!

Before that they lost to NZ, now what have u to say about that??

Face the fact, Aus is no longer the best team!

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    When you think Australia are down they come back at you. They have fire, passion and intensity as well as talent. But they need Steve Waugh and Mark Waugh badly.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Australia still can win the World Cup. People said the same things when we sacked Mark Taylor and Ian Healy. We all saw what happened. While the Waugh's won't be replaced easially, they wont play forever either. Give the young guys a go with pleanty of time to chop and change should things go wrong before the World Cup.

School Boy/Girl Captain LankanPrince's Avatar
    After Ricky Ponting took over as captain, they have lost their edge. However if they recall on form Mark Waugh and Steve Waugh their stake to World Cup is more secure. However don't write off teams such as South Africa even though they were heavily beaten by the Aussies.
    Rudeboy master of controversy
    Supporting the Sri Lankan boyz

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Is a Day/Night match still regarded as a bit of a lottery?

Does anyone possess stats regarding teams batting first/secord winning the game under floodlights?

In Group 'A', the England v India and England v Pakistan games are to be staged under lights.

In Group 'B', the following games are day/nighters :
    South Africa v West Indies
    Sri Lanka v South Africa
    West Indies v South Africa.

Does this give anyone an advantage or not?
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Australia are defintely one of the favourites for the cup with or without the Waughs. On current form, Pakistan can pose a strong challenge. So can SA playing at home. They have a lot to prove to their home fans, remove the tag of chokers, Aussie bunnies and what not. England, New Zealand and India are defintely strong enough to upset one or two of these teams on their day, but whether they have it in them to be consistently good and go all the way is doubtful atleast at present. Sri Lanka is another team which can mount a good challenge if their batsmen click. More likely than not, the winner is going to be one of the first three mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    IMO, The lights make a huge difference to the batsmen. The team batting first, if the sides are equally matched, will have a much better chance of winning, and this could have a huge effect on the England-India Group A game (which could well be a Qualification decider).

Take the Eng-SL game that I was at Trent Bridge in June, for example. SL still had the England total in their sights when the sun went down and the lights came on. Cue collapse and Game Over...

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    I can offer some personal experience here. As someone who's played under lights, I can tell you it's a distinct disadvantage batting under lights. The white ball is 'heavy' enough under broad daylight (don't ask me why; I just found it hurt my hands more batting against a white ball) but under lights, it feels like you can barely get it off the cut portion.

The disadvantage in bowling is obviously the dew (possibly explainging the 'heavier' ball). The ball still swings if you're good enough but the movement off the seam is much less. Because I'm a swing bowler, obviously I wasn't affected (and sometimes the ball swings much MORE) but still it was annoying. However, us bowlers sure appreciate the heavier ball.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information