• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ 'A' announced

donaldduck

Cricket Spectator
nz a

Does anyone know what the story with Jesse Ryder is. I keep hearing these stories that he isnt focused on his cricket. He looks awesome. And i have seen Gillespie from Wellington play and its looks like he has got something about him, he might have what it takes to be a future black cap!!!!!! What social issues does he have?? Surely those two players would have done well in South Africa. I agree that there isnt any point taking 'never has been' former international players over there.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Both have bad drinking problems by the sounds of it.
A couple of months alongside Stephen Fleming might help Jesse Ryder out though.

donaldduck

Cricket Spectator

thats interesting...... i heard that about Ryder, but have heard from many reliable sources (first class cricket players) that Gillespie doesnt even drink. So obviously someone is spreading rumours without any truth. I feel so sorry for those type of people....... Too many of them in this country.

Kent

State 12th Man
I don't think anyone's claimed Gillespie definitely has a drinking problem on CW - I think Tamara said he had some "social issues".

I can't comment on his personality, but I did see him bowling in the Basin nets late last season with a dyed mohawk. That alone shouldn't really matter (look at Jason Gillespie!), but it probably isn't the best image to impress guys like Bracewell or Hadlee either.

Last edited:

donaldduck

Cricket Spectator
i agree with you, probably aint the best look but then again it shouldnt really matter, look at other sportsman around the world. i suppose it doesnt help that NZ is a very conservative country. Hopefully Tamara gets back online and can explain what these "social issues" are.