• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Minor counties in britain

rodderss

Cricket Spectator
Alo , im new on here but i was just wondering what the equivalent to one of the american cricketing sides is compared to in britaint like a very large succesful county like sussex or something or closer to a minor county like buckinghamshire , that i play for although i am only 14 i still play for part of the junior academy , i also could play for surrey , but any way the main part of this post is to find out if it would be any good coming over to america when im older to come over to america and see if would triumph at getting into these american teams since the pay is relatively good.

fnks rorie

Swervy

International Captain
rodderss said:
Alo , im new on here but i was just wondering what the equivalent to one of the american cricketing sides is compared to in britaint like a very large succesful county like sussex or something or closer to a minor county like buckinghamshire , that i play for although i am only 14 i still play for part of the junior academy , i also could play for surrey , but any way the main part of this post is to find out if it would be any good coming over to america when im older to come over to america and see if would triumph at getting into these american teams since the pay is relatively good.

fnks rorie
if money is your reason to play the sport and you dont back yourself to make a career out of playing for a county or country, i guess its always an option...however I couldnt imagine playing this sport just for financial reasons

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The standard's likely to be slightly higher than an English Minor County senior side.

You won't get professional employment in the ProCricket unless you're a fringe (or, most likely, ex-) International, and you're more likely to succeed as an Indian or West Indian due to the huge ex-pat market.

Most county junior cricket is a chasmic step below any of this, so there's a long, long way to go yet, although having said it does vary from county to county and district to district. Still, unless you're at least in the regional age group squad then you don't have much chance.

Still, never know. Sorry to be such a depressive git...